Chap. 6:The Discovery

(Just as a quick note, this chapter is going to revolve around Nightmare and Cross. Also, Warning! A little bit of censored swearing in this chapter.)

Cross' POV:

I followed Nightmare to his library, the two floors of the large room making us look like two ants in a four" by four" box(the " means inches. And yes, he has a very large library.).

"So, Nightmare, what was that back there?" I asked trying to lift the tense atmosphere. "That cringe looked like someone had just struck you right in the sternum. Is something going on?"

A 'hmm' was our only response as Nightmare started filing through the section on souls. "Well, that was certainly quite the response." Chara retorted. I gave them a quick warning look and went back to getting some answers. "Does it have something to do with your soul?" I asked, taking into mind the section that he was looking through. He grunted in frustration as he put the book back in it's place, grabbing another and looking through it's pages.

I was about to ask again when he finally replied, mumbling 'Something like that' and continuing his search. I cocked a brow bone in question, urging him to continue. Thankfully he spotted it in his peripheral vision and sighed. "My soul seems to throb and go in her direction whenever I'm either thinking of her or when I'm simply near her. I'm trying to see if any of the books in my library may have the answer as to why. Mind helping me look instead of just standing there and glaring into space?"

I blushed a slight plum hue as Chara burst out laughing. I grabbed a book and started looking for the the soul responses that Nightmare described.

(Five hrs. and a lot of books later... )

I heard Nightmare huff in exasperation as he put a book back just to grab another one, having again come up empty-handed. I sighed, grabbing another book myself and flipping through the pages.

"You know, as impressive and large your book collection is, I don't think-- Oh wait! I think I finally found something!" I exclaimed, my excitement and relief showing in my tone. "ABOUT F*@$ING TIME!!" Chara screeched.

"Wait, really! What did you find?" relief echoing within Nightmare's tone as well.

I cleared my throat and began. "It says here that pulsations and an attractive pull from the soul towards another is a sign that the person experiencing these symptoms have... um..." I pause, fully reading what it says and looking hesitantly at Nightmare.

Nightmare was growing visibly inpatient. "Well? 'Have...' what?" I couldn't find my voice to say it, the words being there but having been caught in my throat. "Answer me already!" Nightmare shouted, his tentacles thrashing around, reflecting his anger at my hesitance.

I gulped and pulled slightly at my scarf. "Have..." I paused again. "Found their soul mate." I finished, the entire room surrendering to an eerie quiet as time seemed to stop.

Nightmare's POV:

I started to panic. 'That can't be possible!' I tried to tell myself. Even if it is true, there's no way that she would accept my feelings for her! We're polar opposites! She is utter perfection at it's finest and an absolute Angel! I'm a monster that only brings fear and destruction wherever I go! It would never work out! She wouldn't even have to put any thought into it! She would reject me in seconds!

She would NEVER love a monster like me!

... ...

"Nig.........re...............ightma.......................NIGHTMARE!!"

Cross' POV:

"Nightmare?... Nightmare?!... NIGHTMARE!!" I screamed, shaking him by his shoulders. Nightmare was having an anxiety attack! "He can't hear you JackA*@!" Chara shouted in response.

"Well what exactly am I supposed to do?! Just magically POOF! he's back to normal!! It doesn't work like that!" I shouted back.

"Well shaking his brains out isn't going to help him either Genius! Just think of something fast because it's getting worse!" They were right. Nightmare started to groan in pain as he clutches his head and his chest, his tentacles lashing out at everything else around him. In my panicked state of mind, I slapped him across the face as once again time seemed to stop.

I could feel the sweat rolling down the side of my face as Nightmare slowly brought his hand up to his cheek. "We, are so, dead." Chara stated. "Well no really Sherlock!" I retorted sarcastically in my head.

"Thank you. I needed that." My voice caught in my throat as I was about to apologise for slapping him. "Um... you're welcome?" I respond hesitantly. I could hear Chara grumbling in my head, snipping, "Lucky little S@*$," before going back into our soul to rest.

I sighed. "You know Nightmare, I think I've had enough drama for today, how about you?" I could tell by how he suddenly slouched that he didn't even have to say that he was. I smiled.

These were the times that I appreciated being his right hand. "How about you go and relax, take a load off and take a break for the rest of today. You can think things through while I keep an eye socket on (Y/n) and everything. How does that sound?"

He nodded sleepily. "That sounds great right about now. Make sure that everything stays in order and that if something to the extreme happens, don't hesitate to tell me." I nodded in return and cleaned everything up as he left for his room.

(Whoo! I'm surprised that I had made this chapter so fast! Well I hope you guys liked the chapter and I'm sorry that reader-chan wasn't in this chapter. I wanted to give her her space so that she could rant on and on about weapons with Killer. (metaphorically)See you next time!)