Chap. 3: Other Sans'?

(Warning! There will be some violence/gore and (censored)cursing in this chapter(As well as some fluff)! Consider yourself warned!)

When the blinding white had cleared up, it was slightly hard to see with the dark lighting of wherever Nightmare had taken me. The place seemed to be rather dark and dreary, probably should've figured considering he said so himself that he is the king of nightmares.

"Welcome to my kingdom, the nightmare realm. If you ever need anything, either ask me or one of the Papyrus' if I'm busy." Nightmare informed as a taller black-boned skeleton came walking up to us. "This Papyrus will show you to your room while I alert the others of your arrival." Shiva seemed to be offset by the sudden move and swatted at the 'Papyrus' when he tried to lead me to my room and any other 'Papyrus'' when they got too close.

When we finally got there, I suddenly felt a gaze burning into my back. I quickly duck my head as I squeak in surprise, a sharp knife like bone severing a few (H/c) hairs from my head as it was swiped at my throat. As I had jerked my arms up in front of me to protect my neck, I was grabbed by my hair and pulled to my feet.

"NIGHTMARE!" I screamed, a strange cartoonish heart being pulled from my chest. As another sharpened bone aimed for the strange heart that had appeared, I recognized Nightmare's tentacles in my peripheral vision. One grabbed the aggressor's wrist, snapping it like a twig, as the others wrapped firmly at my waist, pulling me out of the attacker's grip and leaving me flush against Nightmare's chest.

My thoughts go blank as all I can focus on is our close proximity and the faint feeling of Nightmare's chin hovering above my head. I could just tell that my face must've turned a bright red hue as my thoughts continued to wander, missing out on whatever Nightmare and my attacker were saying while other skeletons started to file into the hallway.

... ... ... ... ... ...

Nightmare's POV:

As I was going to start the short meeting about (Y/n) in the main hall when I noticed that Murder Sans has yet to arrive, making me suspicious of what he may be up to, and I started to wonder. 'Perhaps he found her before I had called the meeting. Is she okay?' My soul gave off a thrum of, 'worry'? Is that what it's called?. The unpleasant feeling getting the better of me, I decided to ask.

"Do any of you happen to know where Murder Sans has disappeared to? Normally, he's one of the first people here." The feeling got worse as the rest seemed to only respond with concerned looks of their own. The heavy silence was only broken when Cross decided to finally respond with, "Maybe he found the 'guest' that you mentioned earlier. I don't think anybody told him that there would be a newbie walking around." I turned and glared at Killer Sans as he started to fidget. "Funny, I do believe that I had assigned that job to Killer here. But, I must be mistaken." I growled out. Killer laughed nervously, refusing to make eye-contact. "Heheh, ... Oops?"

Just as I was about to chew him out further, a loud scream rang throughout the stone hallways. "NIGHTMARE!" I cursed under my breath as I quickly teleported to where my soul tugged, stopping Murder Sans by the wrist and breaking it. He dropped his bone attack and hissed slightly in pain at the marrow(skeleton's version of blood) dripping down his arm. I pulled (Y/n) to my chest, gently shielding her with my tentacles. I felt my anger begin to boil as Murder started to yell at me. "WHAT THE F*@# NIGHTMARE! WHAT IS A FILTHY HUMAN DOING HERE! AND WHY ARE YOU PROTECTING IT!" My anger finally boiled over, my aura of negative sentiments filling the hallway.

"She is my guest, and you are to treat her with respect whether you want to or not, OR ELSE!" I snapped back, a growl rumbling in my chest. As he continued on with his biased opinion of why a human shouldn't be here, I saw that he still had (Y/n)'s soul contained in his magic. I grabbed with my own and pulled it out of his grasp, making (Y/n) give out a soft gasp at the sudden jerk. Murder Sans gave out a grumble when he realized that I was ignoring him and gave in to my demands of standing down.

Though I couldn't help but gaze in awe at her strange soul as it hovered in front of me. It was a brilliant mix of silver and gold, covered in small fractures that were a mix of purple and blue. I hadn't noticed that I was staring at it till I heard (Y/n) ask, "What is that?" A faint hue of cerulean was painted across my cheek bones in realization and embarrassment, seeing that Killer and Horror started to smirk. 'They probably think that I have some stupid crush or something.' I thought as I glared daggers in their direction.

"Nightmare?" I jumped to attention at her concerned tone, sighing and opting to explain to her about her soul than deal with my subordinates... for now. "That would be your soul, the very culmination of your being. In other words, Murder Sans here was going to kill you by destroying it." I explained, putting emphasis on the last sentence as I gave Murder Sans a warning look. She turned as I let her go to see Murder Sans, who was pouting like a three year old.

I heard her giggle at his childish actions as she went to pick up her cat, who was currently still hissing and growling at Murder for nearly killing it's master. My soul strangely gave a small pang of jealousy at the fact that someone who almost killed her had gotten her to laugh. Before I could stop and correct myself, I mumbled, "Bratty little s@*%." The loud snort of laughter that Horror had emitted and the whispered, "Jealous?" from Killer caused the blue blush to return even worse than it had been earlier. I grabbed the back of their shirts and dragged them elsewhere as I told Cross, "Keep an eye on (Y/n) and make sure she doesn't get hurt." He nodded and I continued down the hallway, Killer quickly saying, "See ya later newbie!" in a cheery tone.

(Hope you're enjoying this so far and I apologize if I'm really slow at updating, I've been sidetracked with school. See you next time! )

(I drew a picture of her soul!

Here you go!

Sorry, can hardly see the difference between the blue and purple in the picture

Sorry, can hardly see the difference between the blue and purple in the picture.)