Who Lives, Who Dies

John

"Take off you shirt." John ordered as he walked into the dorm, taking Alex by surprise. He looked at John with a quirked eyebrow.

"'You asking me to undress?" He asked mischievously. There was not an ounce of humor in John's expression.

"Take it off." John repeated, his voice unwavering. His eyebrows parted into a look of concern, and he did as John asked reluctantly. The tops of scares peaked out from under the hem of his shorts. John tugged the shorts lower, revealing the rows of scars. He tried his best to keep a straight face, but tears pressed against the back of his eyes.

"John, what is this about?" Alex asked nervously. John said nothing as his hands subconsciously fluttered over the lines. John counted each one. 

There were still 57 scars littering Alex's hips and thighs.

"John," Alex pressed, his eyes glassy. "John what is this about?"

"I love you so much. You're doing so good." John finally said, embracing his partner in a hug. "I'm sorry for not answering you, love. I was just making sure you haven't done anything." John smiled slightly. Alex nodded slowly.

"John, go on a date with me." Alex suddenly said. John looked up at him, taken aback slightly.

"What?"

Alex's lips collided with his own. The kiss was hot and heavy, balancing on lustful and loving. John clutched Alex's back, who pulled John even closer.

John pulled away breathlessly. "I'll go on a date with you, Alex."

Alexander smiled.

~~~

"The movies? Really?" John deadpanned when they pulled into the parking lot. Alex made up some last minute date plans and didn't tell John what they were. They parked, and both climbed out of the car.

"Yes, really." Alex replied in a teasing tone, bringing an arm around John. His hand reached the small of John's back. "Cliché much?" John giggled, leaning into his touch.

"Exactly." He replied before they got in line for the tickets. 

"How many?" A teenage looking boy asked, his frizzy hair combed messily behind his ears. His name tag read 'Samuel'.

"Uh, two adults please." Alex asked politely. "Here you go, enjoy the movie." The boy said flatly, handing over two yellow ticket stubs. "Wow, they're... actually tickets." John commented. "Weird, isn't it?" Alex agreed.

As they walked through the doors of the theatre, a strong aroma of salt, butter, and coke filled their noses. The lights were already dimmed but trailers were still playing. John had been to busy admiring Alex to pay attention to what movie their seeing. They entered the theatre hand in hand, it being dark enough for nobody to really see.

It turns out that it was unnecessary for John to know what movie they were seeing because they spent the entire time smiling at each other. Not making out, if that's what you expected. You guys, you know John wouldn't be part of that! He's so shy about public affection! Okay, back to your regularly scheduled program.

Alexander would be watching the film while John stared at him, and Alex would turn to look at John and catch him staring, and they would grin and look back at the screen, and then Alex would start staring at John, who would catch him, etc. Basically, neither of them knew what the movie was about.

And neither of them cared.

~~~

Hercules (....just read)