Chapter Thirty-Four: Faded

San Diego, California
February 1, 2016
7:33PM
Kehlani Ashley Parrish

"Alright alright, I'm loving this sound..it's real smooth and soft, when recording try adding a little attitude into it for me namz, that's cool with you?" Belly asked me. I chuckled nodding my head. Turns out bel wanted to start on recording earlier than expected, which was totally cool with me, I didn't have to be at the bay until the 3rd of February so we would be finishing up tomorrow and start shooting the video weeks from now.

"I can definitely do that, something like talking to your lover and letting them know what the shit is." He chuckled nodding his head as he drunk from his bottle.

"True true..most definitely do that because it catches the eye of what's really going on in the song."

"Hell yes..I've had my fair share of shit like that, and I'm still dealing with it."

"On the real?" I nodded my head.

"Yea..its kind of stupid though..stupid on her end not mines."

"Ohhh I respect it..I mean I'm sure you two will be fine.."

"We sorta taking a break..well she wanted the break..so I'm chillin I'm doing me and I'm pretty sure she's minding her own damn business." He nodded his head. He inhaled his Canadian cigar as the thick clouds of smoke surrounded the studio room causing me to chuckle.

"Who might this lucky lady be? If you don't mind me asking?" I sighed staring at him with the side eye. He held his hands up laughing, I wasn't going to tell his nosy ass anything. "Alright you ain't gotta tell a nigga nothing..it's all good Lani."

"I wasn't telling yo ass nothing anyway." He laughed.

"That's why I fucks with you..you real and you let them know, reasons for me wanting you on my album..and mostly because you have a very interesting sound that I like."

"I dig it bel..I'm with the shits." He winked at me as he played back the verse that I just recorded. As he played it, all he did was nod his head and enjoy his cigar. I could tell he was vibing.

"Damn..I may have to say fuck that other shit I was telling you and just ride with this wave..no need to fix this it's perfect the way it is."

"You sure?"

"I'm more than sure, you got this shit down first time in." He said smirking.

"Well I gotta prove myself to you man, like it's truly a great feeling being able to have a song with you."

"Nah I'm the one feeling great having you on this shït because you bodied ya' verse with your vocals..it's fits with the song." I smiled nodding my head.

"Thanks bel..on the real thanks."

"No problem Lani..whenever you're available we'll start doing video shooting shit."

"Alright cool just call noodz because she lets me know right away, I'll be heading down to Los Angeles for a show tonight."

"I gotchu girl..I'll definitely be getting back to you soon, and the music video will be shot in LA, so I'm glad you said that.." I smirked. He opened his arms and I walked into his embrace hugging him tightly. "Alright Lani." He let me and I nodded stepping out the room, well today was yet another success, ya girl just keeps getting blessed.