Regrets

Just a little something

Mitch POV

Sometimes I truly regret breaking up with Scott.

There are times when I'll be laying down next to him in bed after a long day and he'll say something sweet or pull me a little closer to him and my heart skips a beat and I want nothing more than to be able to call him mine.

Don't get me wrong, having him as a friend is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

But sometimes I want to be more than just his friend.

I have no one blame but myself. I was the one who broke up with him all those years ago. I was the one who made that decision.

And I regret it so much. Back then, I didn't understand why anyone would ever love me, especially as much as he had loved me. He had always been so intense. He had been so in love. I hadn't been ready for something like that.

But now I am.

But the problem is, he doesn't want anything like that. We've talked about it all before, and we both agreed that it's for the best if we just remain as friends.

I always act like I'm fine with it, fine with him just being my friend. But I only do it because I know this is how Scott really feels. He is over me, and I have to live with it. He's always in some serious relationship when I can barely date someone for two weeks without realizing that they aren't what I'm looking for. Because Scott is what I'm looking for.

He just doesn't seem to think that.

I find myself wishing that I could just be with him. Call him my boyfriend. Not just my best friend. Just have him all to myself. And I feel so greedy for thinking that.

But how could I not?

He's everything to me. He always has something nice to say. Something to bring me up when I'm down. He makes me laugh harder than anyone else. He's always there for me, no matter what. Standing by my side. Backing me up. Supporting me in every way. He has helped me through so much. He has made my whole life so much better. I don't know who I'd be without him. I don't know where I'd be. I don't know if I'd even be here, honestly. Without him, I would be such a wreck.

I love him so much.

And he loves me too. Just not in the way I love him. I don't want to mess things up between us. I want to make him happy. And if just being friends is what makes him happy, then that's what we'll be.

No matter how much it sucks for me. No matter how much I wish it to be different. No matter how much I love him.

I guess I'll just keep my thoughts to myself.

Ok so long story short, I wrote this because, ever since the Superfruit book has come out, I can't help kind of being mad at Mitch. Which is the stupidest thing in the world because he is so amazing. But my brain just makes me think 'well Scott is so in love with Mitch and he knows it and still kind of just drags him around with him.' Almost using him. And then I realized, first of all that's an awful thought bc they both love each other so much and it really is better for them to remain as friends bc they are already so close and I'd hate to see them fall apart. And I also realized, although it might not seem entirely possible to us, Mitch might not truly see just how much Scott loves him. Everyone is self conscious, even him, so what gives me the right to ever think something like that about Mitch? So I wrote this to almost make myself think about all of the possibilities that that there could be in this situation. And I'm hoping that I can make other people realize it too. Idk if any of that made any sense, and I really hope I didn't like offend someone or something like that bc that is not what I am trying to do at all. I do love Mitch with all of my heart, and nothing will really change that. Sorry for this rant love y'all