Exes

Ok keep in mind I have NOTHING against Alex in any way whatsoever so I will not accept any hate on him in the comments of this sorry. None. That's all.

Third POV

Scott, Mitch, Nicole, and Esther are all standing in a group at Coachella. Esther and Nicole are doing most of the talking while Scott and Mitch just listen and laugh along.

Nicole says something particularly funny and Esther, causing Mitch and Nicole to laugh hysterically. Scott doesn't make a sound. Mitch looks over Scott, his laughter fading when he sees his face.

Scott is frozen in spot, a look of shock and panic plastered onto his face. His eyes are focused on one specific spot in the distance, refusing to blink or move. Mitch follows his gaze and immediately understands.

Scott found Alex.

His ex.

They had ended on good terms. The break-up had been mutual. But Scott always seemed to panic when he saw him. He always felt the need to show Alex that his life was going great, almost to prove that he didn't need him. And he didn't. Everyone knew that. Scott knew that. But the second Scott sees him at Coachella, talking with all of his friends and having fun, his confidence flies out the wind.

Mitch squeezes Scott's arm, trying to get him out of his trance. Scott's gaze remains fixed on Alex, his expression unchanged and his muscles tensing under Scott's hand.

"Scotty?" Mitch says softly, concerned. "Hey! Scott, look at me!" Scott continues to stare.

Mitch moves in front of Scott, facing him and wrapping his arms around his neck, forcing Scott to break his stare and look him in the eyes. Scott realizes what has been doing and allows Mitch to take over, shoving his face in his neck. Mitch runs his fingers over the short hairs on the back of his head and feels his whole body begin to relax in his arms.

"Ignore him baby," Mitch whispers into his neck, kissing his shoulder. "Don't let him ruin your day, okay?" He pulls back, forcing Scott to look at him again. Scott nods and Mitch smiles slightly, standing on his toes and kissing his cheek.

Mitch lets go of Scott's neck and goes back to standing next to him. He grabs Scott's hand and rubs the tip of his nose gently on his shoulder, letting his forehead rest there. Scott leans over and kisses the top of Mitch's head, smiling into his hair.

"Y'all are cute," Nicole says, earning vigorous nodding from Esther and a few nervous giggles from Scott. Mitch smiles proudly.

"We know."

Pt. 2 to Homeless is coming soon. And also a pt. 2 to Keeping Tracks. Although I have a really sad one thing I wanna write so idk when that'll be showing up but keep on the lookout ;)