Chapter Nine: Brilliant plan

Merlin's POV

"So why are you back," snapped Anna at Helen. I sighed trying to keep calm.

"I'm back because I had to warn you about your village and I want Merlin to understand why I faked my death," said Helen.

"Probably you being selfish, Merlin has been through a lot and he could have done with you," said Anna.

"Hold on a minute from what I see you're being selfish too treating Merlin horribly. Your marriage is on the edge anyone can see that and half of the problem is you being selfish," said Helen but looking like she regretted it as soon as she had said it.

"Ladies," I began but Helen cut across me.

"Do you know what I did for Merlin I faked my own death to save his life. Even back then some people knew of his importance and I happened to know. I saved his life...if I had not gone with this man he would have killed Merlin," said Helen.

Anna looked gobsmacked. After that they both didn't speak to each other and I was stuck in the middle of them wondering what to say or do. I've forgiven Helen to an extent now. Helen pretty much gave up living with her family and growing up for me. I can't believe she had done that for me. Even then people knew of my importance. It's weird looking back when I was young or when I was Arthur's servant it seems like ages ago and it was.

It isn't just my wife's fault for our marriage being on the edge it is also mine. I probably should have never stayed in Camelot for so long and by doing that our village is under attack maybe even destroyed already and it's my fault. I'm to blame no one else.

"Merlin," Helen said to me. I looked at her as we continued to travel on our horses.

"I'm sorry I snapped at Anna," she said to me.

"It's alright."

"It isn't though is it? I shouldn't have got involved but what she was saying to me it hurt and maybe she is right I let you down and I was selfish," she said to me.

"Helen you weren't selfish how could you be? You saved my life...you did it all for me and thank you for that it does mean a lot. I'm sorry I'm finding it so hard to trust you or like you but it's been many years," I said to her.

"It's perfectly understandable but Merlin try and rebuild your marriage you two are meant to be with each other I know that," smiled Helen.

"Thanks Helen and I'm trying but I'm not so sure anymore. I will fight till the end though for her," I smiled.

"I know you will." I looked at my sister and smiled. I'm happy Helen is here.

Adair's POV

"You do understand this is crazy and they're going to kill us," said Emily as I kept back from my mum, dad and Helen from a far distance with my horse with Emily behind me.

"Shh Emily I don't want them to hear us," I said to her.

"I know but does it make a difference?" she asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that fact we are quite far from Camelot already they can't exactly send us back can they," laughed Emily.

"You would be surprised," I laughed. Emily took my hand as we followed them slowly keeping quite far behind so they wouldn't spot us.

"I'll do anything for you Adair I would and as much as I know this is your family maybe we should have just stayed they have Helen now and Percy needed someone to stay with him," said Emily.

"My other brother and two sisters are going to look after him don't worry. There is Arthur and Gwen to remember, besides three is still not going to be enough is it? They will need our help and our magic trust me on that," I said to her.

"I suppose you are right but this is still crazy."I nodded to agree.

Matthew's POV

"Hi Luke, how are you feeling?" I asked as I sat down beside his bed and Sienna left the chamber.

Luke sat up and smiled at me. "A lot better actually. About what happened in the forest," he began to say.

"It's all in the past but Luke I really want to talk to you about everything that has gone on I never wanted us to split apart and I meant what I said back in the forest about that," I said to him. Luke looked at me and smiled.

"Me either, I think I just needed something to remind me of that," said Luke.

"Yeah I agree with you there. When you make a full recovery which you will maybe we can spend a bit more time with each other and maybe we can teach each other a thing or two," I smiled to him.

"I would love that," Luke grinned.

"I'm glad to hear that," said a voice from the door. We looked at the door to find our dad smiling from ear to ear. He came into the room and sat on the bed looking from Luke and then to me.

"Glad to hear what?" I finally asked him.

"I'm glad to hear you two getting along for a change. I haven't seen this in a very long time and as much as I know everything with our hunting trip went wrong I got out what I wanted," he said to us.

"What me in a bed and not out roaming," laughed Luke and I nodded.

"No it got you two to see each other again and to talk without arguing and that's what I've wanted to return. These six years you have drawn apart but this hunting trip maybe have just started to allow you two to bring you back together again," said our father.

"Yeah I think it has," I smiled.

Amy's POV

"I think he is burning up," said Anya looking down at Percy.

"Are you sure?" asked Merlin Junior.

"I can't be completely sure but I think so," said Anya sadly.

"Maybe I could heal him, make him better," said Merlin Junior.

"I should fetch Arthur," I said as I left the chamber to go find Arthur. I may be six years old but I know about a lot of things and I think we need to get Arthur and see what he says maybe the physician too. I know I am powerful but we shouldn't use magic for everything even if we have it at our disposal.

I know Arthur may find out about Adair not being here but I could make out he went out to get some fresh air...that could work I smiled to myself at my brilliant plan.

------------------------

There you go guys hope you enjoyed it :)

Votes and comments mean everything

What do you think of the chapter i'll like to know ??

Any clues to who or what is attacking the village do you think they can save it ?