50

There will be more chapters since I couldn't get to the conclusion soon enough 😉

"Are you sure you can handle him?" Mom asks, looking him over and pulling her bottom lip between her teeth. I turn to look over my shoulder and smile.

Calvin is holding Liam in his arms, carefully swaying back and forth with a huge grin on his lips. He feels me staring at him and looks up, giving me a wide smile. Since my parents have been here for two days, Calvin has gotten used to holding Liam.

Cal is always wary of being around babies, only because of how fragile they are. He's never actually been around such a young baby. Let alone have gotten the chance to hold one.

"Yeah mom, Liam is in good hands. Now you two have a fun night and relax!" I grin. Mom hesitantly looks at Liam one last time before Ren calls for her by the front door.

"Come on woman! Liam will be fine, and the driver has already honked at least a dozen times." Ren says.

"Mom, just go. Cal wants you to enjoy yourselves tonight. Our treat." I smile. Mom sighs out in defeat.

"Alright, thank you, I love you."

"Take care of my baby!"

"I will!"

"I was talking to Calvin!" Mom says as she walks out the front door. I can't help but giggle and watch as the black car pulls out of the driveway.

"How long did you set them up?" I ask, turning to Calvin. He gives me a devious grin.

"Well, they're going to the spa for awhile, then dinner- then a movie.." he glances down at Liam as he whines in Calvin's arms. "All day, really." I blow out a soft breath.

"You do understand that means I'm stuck babysitting today, right?" I knot my eyebrows.

"We are." He corrects me, "believe it or not but I do know how this works." A smile grows on his face.

"I wish you would have told me before you just offered-" I frown, "I mean, I love Liam more than anything but- that doesn't mean I want to be his mom all day." I give Cal a pouty face.

He sighs out loud, "baby," his word is drawn out in a defeat way. "I don't know what you want from me. I'm trying."

"I don't want anything." I say softly. Calvin bites his tongue and looks down at Liam. He quietly sits the baby in his bassinet and turns to face me yet again.

"Am I enough?" He asks softly, knitting his eyebrows. "Because I try so hard, and nothing I do ever seems to be good enough for you." His voice is dull, annoyed, and most of all; hurt.

"Calvin," I say, my voice lowered. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me- you make me so happy and you always go above my expectations-" I reach out and grab his hand.

He raises a eyebrow. "You're just still so young," he says softly, looking over my features and sighing out. He seems like he's talking more to himself than me. Gently, he reaches over and rubs his thumb over my bottom lip. "Sometimes I forget you're a teenager," he sighs. "But you seem to always remind me when something doesn't go your way- yes?"