44

I sit on the couch, watching a rerun episode of American Horror story. It reminds me of my mom and when we used to watch it all the time. I miss her.

I talked to her a few days ago on the phone, but other than that we never speak. She's always busy with the baby, and I'm always afraid to call. I hate calling people, because I don't want to interrupt something that is happening.

Sighing, I tug the blankets up to my chin and focus back on the show. Hotel is probably my favorite season, but I could watch every single one in a day if physically possible to. I rest my head against the pillow. It's been a week since cal and I completed our bond, and I've never felt better in my life.

Calvin had gone to take a shower and left me to watch my 'stupid show' as he calls it. He despises the show with everything in him. Calvin would rather watch a chick lit or a princess before he'll sit down at watch this with me. Which, I don't mind because I'd rather not hear him complain about having to watch it.

I jump in surprise when a phone starts ringing. Glancing at the table, Calvin's phone lights up with an image of Benjamin's face. I purse my lips and carefully look towards the stairs before answering the phone.

"Hello?" I knot my eyebrows. Calvin has his suspicions about Ben, and I can't say they didn't rub off on me. Cal hasn't brought him around me, and has made sure I'm not in contact with him until this will blow over.

"Gray! Hey!" He says cheerfully on the other end. "How are you?" I blink. Relaxing back on the couch I shrug my shoulders as if he were here.

"Good. Tired as usual, how about you?" I reply. Ben lets out a sigh and there's a loud banging followed by a string of curse words.

"Still clumsy." He grumbles. "I just stubbed my toe on the corner of the door," he laughs at himself, "but stressed. Can I talk to Calvin?"

"He's in the shower."

"Oh, well- can you have him call me back? It's about the letter that Grayson wrote about yo- I mean, Calvin."

"What letter?" I ask, knitting my eyebrows together. What is he talking about?

I hear him mutter a oh fuck under his breath. "Shit. Pretend I didn't say anything." He says quickly. I growl.

"Benjamin." I growl. Why in the hell is he keeping it from me? A million things run through my mind and it makes my blood boil.

"He took the letter, I don't remember what it said Luna, I'm sorry I didn't know he wasn't going to tell you-"

"Shut. Up." I snap. Anger has filled me. What the hell is Calvin keeping from me?  Obviously this letter is pretty important if Ben has been trying to get ahold of him.

"Yes ma'am." He sighs in defeat. "I'll go. Tell Calvin to call me."

"If he's still alive." I huff. I end the phone call without making another sound.

I had completely forgotten about the show, and I quietly made my way upstairs. Fuck the silent treatment. I want to know now or else. My jaw is clenched as I enter the bedroom.

The bathroom door is open, Cal is leaning over the sink brushing his teeth with only a towel wrapped around his body. He lifts his head and meets my eyes before I can open my mouth to say anything.

He knots his eyebrows in confusion to why I'm so mad. He must be able to read my emotions. His eyes search over me for physical damage, but they shoot back up to mine only seconds later.

"Are you going to tell me what I did wrong, or are you going to stand there and glare at me?" He asks, wiping his mouth and standing up straight.

I raise an eyebrow. "The letter." I say dryly. Cal swallows and then knots his brows together.