c i n c u e n t a i d o s

Start from the beginning

They took their time to answer, secretly relaying messages through eye contact. "All we can say is that he's your age... You might not even know him." My age?

"Is it..." Who the hell could it be? Who knows about us? "You have to tell me! What if they still want to come forward with the information?" Why were they protecting him? Aren't I more important?

"We'll take care of-"

"No you won't!"

"Taehyung, we can't... It's illegal."

"Whatever..." It was infuriating that once they do something right, they turn around and do another stupid thing. "I'm going to Jungkook's." I slam the door on the way out, pushing my legs to go as fast as they could.

"Jungkook!" Despite the lack of air in my lungs, I shout loud enough for him to hear. "Open up!" His extra key wasn't under the plant like usual... unreliable fuck.

"Hey Taehyung." Jimin opens up the door instead, a wide, comforting smile paired with a slight blush dusting his cheeks. "Jungkook's at the store right now." His index finger rests on his lips, eyes looking up deep in thought. "But you can call him if you want."

My pants were still loud, taking up my ability to speak. "Y-Yeah." Was all I could sputter before checking my pockets and finding no phone. "I-I don't-" Jimin shakes his head disapprovingly before bursting out in a giggle.

"Come inside." He closes the door behind me, walking to the kitchen. "I'll get you some water, sit down."

The couch seemed to catch all my worries as I landed on it, finding someone close who wasn't related to me. "Thank you." He hands me the water, sitting down next to me.

"Is there something you want to talk about? Maybe with me?"

His voice was soothing, warming up my insides. "First off, it's about the whole case thing..." He stays silent, crosses his legs while facing me. "My parents are going to drop the charges!"

"Yay!" His toothy grin captures my heart, cute Jimin was too much to resist. "I'm so happy for you!"

"But the thing is, my parents let it slip that there was going to be a witness testifying at the trial."

His smile disappears, lips curving into a frown. "Oh." His little fingers find mine, squeezing my hand. "It'll be ok Tae... Do you know who it is?"

Immediately I shake my head. "No. I can't recall telling anyone about Hoseok and I." His nodding slows down, looking away. "You didn't... tell anyone... right?"

Jimin's eyes waver, never really looking into mine. "I... uh..." His hand pulls away from mine, body now facing the coffee table.

"You didn't." He couldn't have possibly done that to us! To Hoseok? "Right?"

"Taehyung, he had doubts about someone, I wanted to make him feel better! I didn't think he would-"

"Save it." Fog clouds my vision, anger bubbles up my throat. "If you really cared about either of us, you would have kept it quiet like we told you to!"

"Taehyung I'm sorry! He's a nice guy! I don't understand why-"

"Because no one wants us to be happy! The school, the snitches, even you. Did you really have to make sure that you and Jungkook were the only cute couple? What did we do to you!" I couldn't help but scream at the top of my lungs, scaring him. If only Jungkook were here.

"Please, let me fix this." Now he was crying, on his knees begging as if that's what I wanted.

"Tell me his name." Anger coursed through my veins, logical thought flew out the window along with my sanity.