Her gaze found Natsu’s.

He was looking into her eyes like a grave secret had just been exposed.

“What is going on?” she asked. Her voice was low as she entered the room, not bothering to close the doors.

It was silent. No one made a move.

“I’m asking you WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!”

She shouted, making everyone frightened. No one dared to make a sound.

“What does everyone know that I don’t?!”

Still no answer.

Lucy turned to Levy who was standing beside Gajeel, looking at her nervously.

“Levy, tell me what you know,” she said. Her voice was begging to be answered already.

Levy was about to submit but Gajeel squeezed her hand, telling her not to do it. So she didn’t.

“SPEAK UP!” she shouted angrily.

This time someone spoke up. Someone whom she was mad at.

“You’re not thinking straight right now. I’ll take you to bed,” Natsu said calmly, getting his composure back as he made his way towards her.

Lucy didn’t give him a chance to get close to her. She stomped out and started crying. He followed her, leaving everyone in a panicked state.

She was halfway to their room when Natsu caught up to her.

He swiftly turned her around and made her face him.

“Don’t touch me!” Lucy shouted, pulling her arm from his grasp. He let her go.

“I heard what you were talking about. What are you hiding from me?” she asked. Her voice now low as she let her tears run down her soft cheeks.

She had a stressful day, they both did. She was tired and already dressed for bed and she didn’t have enough strength to shout anymore.

“What are you going to do if I tell you?” he said, staring at her wet brown eyes.

“Baby, just tell me. I’m begging you, let me know.”

Natsu looked at her. After a while, he finally sighed. He had decided to tell her the secret, to tell her who they were…and who he was.

“Everyone in this compound,” he started, “they are all under me. I am Don of this Family.”

Lucy gave a confused look.

“What do you mean?” she asked still in tears.

He breathed in before answering her.

“This is the mafia. You married the head of a mafia, Lucy.”

She stared at him.

Her eyes widened as she understood him.

Natsu had kept something as important as that from her.

.

Lucy started to walk past him, not towards their bedroom but towards the entrance of the main house. She didn’t care if she was dressed for bed, she wanted to get out.

But before she could take another step further away from him, Natsu grabbed her arm and dragged her into their bedroom. He didn’t need to forcefully do it. Even if she struggled to get his hands off, he was still way stronger than her.

He locked the door to their room and threw her on the bed, still crying.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he said calmly, looking at her as she struggled into a sitting position.

“I just need time, away from here…from you. I’m going home” she spoke as she sobbed and continued to wipe away her tears.

Natsu walked closer, his knees touching the edge of the bed.

“And do you honestly think I’m going to let you go? Let you leave me?” he said.

“I’m not leaving you, Natsu. I-I just-“

“Do you think I’d just wait for you to come back to me and do nothing?” he cut her off, still keeping his calm but his voice a little louder.

“You don’t understand, I just need some time to-“

“I know what you’re planning to do!” he cut her off again as he grabbed her wrists and held them above her head, pinning her to the bed.

Lucy got frightened when he instantly pushed her down. So frightened that her tears stopped falling.

“Now that you know what kind of person I am… I know you will leave me,” he said as he stared straight down into her eyes.

“Natsu…”

“But no matter how much you may despise me, I still won’t let you go,” he continued.

Lucy stared back at him.

Her eyes both held gentleness and sadness in them.

“You think…now that I know you’re the mafia, I would love you less than before?” she whispered but loud enough for him to hear.

Natsu stared at her.

His hands that held her wrists slowly loosened.

He got off the bed and sat on the edge, his back facing her.

“If I told you I was a mafia head when we first met, would you have loved me just the same?” he spoke.

Lucy stared at his broad back.

She slowly crawled closer to him.

Her arms snaked around his neck, embracing him from behind.

“Even if you told me this before I married you, I’d still say ‘I do’,” she whispered in his ear as she started crying silently again.

Natsu closed his eyes, feeling her embrace.

“Then why are you leaving me now?” he asked.

He felt her shake her head in disagreement.

“I only wanted to get away from here because I was mad at you. Mad at you for keeping secrets from me,” she answered, “but I would never leave you. I would never.”

Lucy’s grip tightened. As if she was emphasizing that she never really would leave him.

“What hurts me is the fact that you don’t trust me,” she finished.

Natsu loosened her hold around him so he could turn around and look at her.

He touched her cheek and kissed her forehead.

“I’m sorry, Luce. I’m sorry,” he said, “I was afraid to tell you. I was going to…but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.”

Then he found her soft lips and kissed her, pushing her body down on the bed.

Lucy rested her palms on his chest. He felt her try to push him up, so he pulled away from the kiss and stared into her eyes. Their faces only a few inches apart.

“From now on, no more secrets,” she said.

He kissed her forehead again.

This woman was no doubt his queen.

.
.

“As you wish.”