Imagine

"Hello, love" Klaus chimed. "I'll be needing those."

You gulped as you looked down at the white oak stakes in your arms, instantly regretting refusing Caroline, your best vampire friend's offer to come along. Stefan had asked you to take them to a safe location and you had failed. Now Klaus would get them and would probably kill you in the process. Scanning the area for an escape route your eyes came across a fire exit, but it was too far, you'd never make it in time. You were no match for Klaus' vampire speed. To even have a chance you'd have to distract him either enough you could make a break for it, or until Bonnie or Stefan or anyone could get here and save your arse.

"I-I -" you stuttered then cleared your throat. "I can't let you take them." You stood your ground, standing tall.

"Well you see, love..." Klaus took an intake of breath. "That's gonna be a problem." His evil glare pointed at you, a shiver running down your spine.

Impulsively you threw a stake at him, spinning it through the air, directed at his heart. But you ran towards the exit and didn't stop to see him catch it mid-air right before it could strike a fatal blow.

Your heart pounded in your chest as your feet slammed against the concrete floor of the warehouse. You still clutched to two other stakes, one in each hand, determined not to let Klaus get them. A blur of colour passed beside you and you skidded to a stop as Klaus appeared before you. "Damn vampire speed." You muttered.

Klaus grinned grimly.

Your breathing quickened in fear and you were sure even you could hear your heart beat, despite being human.

Klaus slowly walked forward, prolonging the torture. Your eyes flared with defiance as you rushed at him with the stake in your left hand raised. He caught your wrist and turned it backwards and you screamed in pain. But this was part of your plan. You were a righty not a lefty. You plunged the right stake into his chest and he pushed you away, causing you to fall to the floor. As you looked up your heart sank to your stomach. You had missed. Just....

A brief tear escaped your eye as you quickly got up not waiting for Klaus to pull out the stake that was brushing against his heart. You ran for the exit and shoved against the door. You cried in frustration. It was locked. You tried to jiggle the door but to no avail. Klaus approached the door by your side and you turned around and started backing up slowly, tears filling the brim of your eyes. This was it. This was the end. After your nineteen years of existence on this god forsaken planet. And what did you have to show for it? Nothing. Would anyone even remember you? Or would it just be a small period of time where people said oh yes it was tragic. Laura was it? They'd say. Your name wasn't even Laura. It was (Y/N). The idea of people not even getting your name right, despite being silly, made you let out a sob. You slowly backed away, your shoulders racking with sobs.

"Now," Klaus mused. "I'll try not to enjoy this too much..."

Suddenly you backed up into something hard. You turned your head and saw what gave you more relief than you've ever felt before. Damon. Your heart jumped in your throat at the sight of him and he protectively wrapped his arms around you.

"What did I tell you about getting into trouble, princess" he smirked, making your heart flutter. "So sorry," he spoke to Klaus. "We'd better just... Be on our way. No hard feelings?" And he flashed another smirk that always made your heart jump. With that he whisked you away, gently holding your neck in place to prevent you from getting whiplash. All you could hear was Klaus' growl in the background.

When you got back to the boarding house, everyone gathered for a meeting, except Elena of course, who everyone was trying to keep out of this, and Bonnie had put a protective barrier in place. You still couldn't believe she was a witch from such a powerful bloodline. She'd always just been Bonnie to you.

Stefan sighed in exasperation. "You lost them? You let Klaus get them? What are we gonna use against him now? What about Elena?"

You groaned in annoyance. Yeah Elena was your little sister but not everything was about her. You nearly died because of him and all he could think about was precious Elena who everyone wanted to protect. Didn't they realise she could protect herself sometimes? And that there were other people who needed help? Klaus would never harm Elena. He needs her blood to make hybrids. Anyone else however? He didn't mind killing at all.

"I nearly died tonight because of you!" You yelled. "Yeah I want to protect Elena, but she'd not in any immediate danger! He doesn't want her to die! He needs her! Me though? I'm just some silly human. I mean he could compel her to forget about me if he killed me and she got upset by it. Then poof problem gone." You looked to him to search for signs of understanding, sympathy, but all you saw was annoyance. "But oh right. Elena's the only important one and I'm just the silly human." You scoffed and stormed out of the living room and ran upstairs in search of a guest room. Despite your hatred for Stefan right now, Bonnie had said it would be safer for you here. Witch's orders. You chuckled to yourself. You couldn't believe you came back from university in London to help out, just to be treated this way. You wanted to be a writer not a hybrid's chew toy. Which by the way Elena stole the idea off you for. You wanted to be a writer first. She just copied you.

Opening the door to the guest room, you walked in making a beeline for the bed, slumping down on it. You felt the bed sink next to you as someone sat down. You looked over to see Damon. "Go away," you mumbled as you threw yourself backwards on the bed, lying down. "Don't want to be with the silly human now, do we?"

Damon grunted as he laid down next to you. "You're not just some silly human." You turned and gazed at him, seeing sincerity in eyes making your heart warm.

"I'm not?" You questioned, trying to get more out of him. See if he felt the same way towards you or if it was just you imagining the sexual tension that always aroused when you and he were alone.

"You're not." He spoke softly.

"Then what am I, Damon?" You mumbled.

Damon paused. "You're strong, independent-"

"Which is why I needed you to save my butt earlier?" You interrupted.

"A human taking on an original vampire, staking it and only just missing. That's strong and independent, (Y/N). Even I couldn't take on an original." Where did the cockiness that came with Damon go? It was like he was a different person.

You huffed. "Go on."

"You're smart, funny..." Damon's eyes found their way to your lips. "Beautiful..." Was it just you or was he getting closer? You gasped as you felt his lips make contact with yours. Your first kiss. You knew at nineteen that seemed a little... Odd. But you were waiting for the right person. And Damon definitely qualified as right. You realised you should kiss back and although hesitant and unsure at first, you began to get used to it. Damon's kisses trailed down to your jawbone, then your neck and finally your collar bone before returning to your lips. You felt your hands running through his thick, luscious hair, as his hands traced along your waist. You both stopped for breath and panted as you locked eyes.

"I love you, I have since the day I met you." Damon whispered and you responded with a kiss. "I love you too."

Word Count: 1367

Hey guys!!! I hope you enjoyed this. do you think I should extend it into a story or leave it as an imagine? Let me know what you think.

Votes and comments much appreciated.

~Cass

❤️💜💜❤️❤️💜💜❤️❤️💜💜❤️❤️💜