Chapter 41

Calla:

"Where are we going?" I asked as Tyson pulled me back into the loud and crowded living room.

"You'll see," was all I could hear of Tyson's response over the noise.

He had a jump in his step as he walked through the people, matching the beat of the thumping music; it was so obvious he belonged here. A few people intercepted us pulling Tyson into a hug or a half sided hand shake. I just clung onto his hand in fright of being left stranded between the people, lost and crushed. He didn't seem to mind though; in fact whenever we did get disconnected he would quickly grab my hand again shooting me a smile that made my stomach flip every time.

We passed by a brooding Daniel in the corner and as he locked eyes with me I squeezed Tyson's hand a little tighter. He noticed too that Daniel was standing just by the door but he just said, "Come on," and wound an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to his warm chest as he lead us out the back.

A few people sat around the small bonfire in the back yard and some did call out for 'Sonny' to join them. Funnily enough most of the callers were girls, giving invitations that I'd rather not repeat.

But Tyson just smiled and nicely rejected them, pulling me closer, his arm dropping from around my shoulders to my waist. A move that made my heart skip a beat and a few jealous glares to be shot my way.

It was a totally different feeling to that of Daniel. Even though he touched my waist the same place Daniels hand had went first, I didn't mind. It was different with Tyson, I felt pretty safe even as he pulled me into the darkness at the very end of the garden, I knew he would stop if I asked him to and that reassured me. I must be deluded; being attracted to a junkie, moreover trusting a junkie.

"Where are we going?" I whispered again.

"You'll see," he repeated, his voice sounded like he was smiling as he spoke out of the dark.

He suddenly stopped but I didn't and ran straight into his hard back. "Sorry," I whispered, I could feel his hard muscles contract under my fingers and I quickly stepped back and felt my face heat up.

"You go first," he said, turning around revealing a tree trunk with timber nailed into it, like a ladder.

"What is this? A tree house?" I asked sceptically.

His teeth glinted in the moonlight as he smiled at me. The sight of him only lit by the night sky and the light from the house made me feel very nervous and hot. I hoped he didn't see my blush.

"Stop worrying and go up!" He pulled me towards the tree. I sighed and gave up, and began climbing. I heard Tyson grab onto the rungs below me and I looked down. He was staring up at me where I had stopped.

"Don't look up my skirt you pervert!" I shout whispered down to him.

He just chuckled and tapped my ankle urging me to continue.

I made it to the top and found it hard to climb onto the platform in darkness; I nearly fell as I stumbled backwards but Tyson was there and caught my waist.

"Don't fall!" he urged.

"Great advice I'll take that one," I said sarcastically and he laughed quietly. His hands dropping from my waist and grasping my hands, he pulled me across the little stage and placed my fingers around a rope.

"The safety rail," He mumbled in my ear, his breath blowing across my neck. I giggled at the idea of a dodgy rope saving my life but silenced at the realisation he was so close behind me and his hands didn't leave mine.