Chapter 12

Tyson:

"Tommie!!" I yelled, running up to Thomas and jumping on his back.

"Hey, hey! Sonny, how's it going?" Thomas shouted over the music now pumping out a large sound system.

He had a bottle of light beer in his hand and I noticed the reddish telltale signs around his nose that he had already had his sniff tonight.

He laughed at my blank expression as I looked around the brightly lit room.

"Haha, what are you drinking?" he pulled my hand up to look at the bottle grasped in it.

"Jager! That's ma'boy!" he shouted clapping me on my back. I grinned, my eyes still flickering around the room. I started to move away bopping to the music.

"Hey Sonny!" he called after me, "don't have any Ex left do you?"

I smirked up at him, giggling stupidly, "you said they were designer tablets!" I slurred.

He laughed as I swayed on my feet, cupping my elbow he steadied me, "Not for me you idiot!" He stepped back showing me the tall brunette standing close to him, smirking at me.

"Oh!" I said nodding, grinning crazily. "I get you," I pointed at his face. I stood up fully and reached into my back pockets, taking another swig of my drink in the process. I knew I had some left over I just couldn't remember how many.

"Here," I pushed the bag into his hand. He started to turn away before I grabbed his arm.

"Trade!" I cried, blood thumping in my ears. "I want some murder one!" I yelled over the noise. I knew he had to have some extra on him.

Tommie instantly sobered. "Sonny I don't think that's a good idea, you've had two E already –" Good, his refusal means he has some.

"Rubbish!" I said hastily, "I'll owe you back the excess!" I pleaded, knowing he wouldn't charge me anyway, money wasn't an issue. I tried standing still and tall.

"Come on Tommie!" The brown head behind him tugged on his arm, getting impatient.

"Fine!" he gave up pulling out a plastic bag filled with the white powder combination of heroin and cocaine. A batman mix. I snatched it out of his hand quickly before he changed his mind. I was already walking away when he grabbed my shirt.

"Sonny," he said something but wasn't paying my attention, my eyes were glued to a red haired pixie across the room, I tried walking, tugging out of Thomas's grasp just before I caught the last words of his sentence, " –don't take it all at once!"

I waved the plastic bag above my head unaware of the consequences it would give as I jumped across the room.

"Ello!" I said in a funny accent. The short red haired girl had already noticed me and had met me in the middle of the room. She laughed at my greeting.

She glanced at the bag in my hand. "Hi all-star," she surveyed me, her eyes running up and down my body; I felt a shiver run down my back. "Well aren't you yummy!"
She giggled and I beamed.

"Come on!" grasping my hand, she pulled me through the crowd to what my slow brain realized was the kitchen after a moments hesitation. I only just noticed she had plucked the bag out of my hand and was emptying it in two rows on the granite bench.

"Hey that's mine!" I pouted.

She turned to me putting a cool hand on my cheek, "I know honey, I'm just going to set it up for you okay?" she looked into my eyes for a moment and I watched hers sparkle with future promises. I just nodded and smiled again. Looking around the room again in awe, the lights above were really bright and I was so captivated by them that I didn't realize she had rummaged through the drawers for a straw and found one. I put my bottle of drink on the bench top and watched on with wide eyes as she dipped a finger into the white substance and then placed it in her mouth. I walked closer to her, wanting to touch. I snaked an arm around her waist and lowered my mouth to her neck. She giggled again, gently pushing me away after giving me a peck on the cheek.