Chapter 9 - You are not Natural

Start from the beginning

Blood was spewing out of a cut made into its head created by a sharp blade completely penetrating the skull from the back.

The creature wheezed and collapsed onto Sasha. She squealed and pushed it off of her. A shadowy figure stood over her body, holding a knife. The figure held out its hand to help Sasha to stand, the hand was shaking as if afraid.

The figure spoke, Sasha couldn't quite hear what they were saying. She was still in shock from her near death experience. Taking the figures hand, she stood. The figure hugged her tightly, an oddly familiar feeling.

She hugged the figure back, for all she knew they could snap her neck there and then but at that point she just didn't care. She needed this. She needed a warm and comforting embrace and at this point she'd even take one from someone she didn't know.

Slowly, Sasha's hearing returned. The figure had been speaking this entire time.

"Sasha, I'm sorry..."

"I will never do something like that again."

She frowned and looked up to see a familiar red hair and gentle stare.

She smiled. "Reno..." She spoke as she hugged him even tighter. "I'm so fucking sorry." Tears streamed down her face.

Reno pulled away with this, looking at her. "I'm so glad I found you."

Sasha's smile melted away again into a frown, stepping back from Reno. "How... did you find me?" She questioned, looking down to the body of the creature then down to her hands.

Blood. Covered in blood. Her hands were covered in blood. Reno was no longer holding the knife for it was now in Sasha's hand.

She looked up, Reno's face was drenched with disgust. "Sasha... what are you doing with that knife..?" He asked, suddenly beginning to go into a coughing fit, blood spilling out of his mouth. "What have you.. done to me..?" He began spewing blood and bile from his mouth tears streaming down his face.

Sasha looked down to the knife, the blade was now made of wood and the entire thing slowly transformed into a sharp, ripped off branch.

She felt something growing inside of her, a temptation. A temptation that could only be sated with more blood, she looked back to Reno. His entire face was now drenched with his own blood and bodily fluids. "Sasha... please... its me..." He spluttered through his coughing and wheezing.

Sasha began to step closer to him. "You died."

Step.

"Left Red and me alone."

Step.

"Fuck you."

She drove the branch into his gut, getting a rush of satisfaction from the resistance of the muscle on his skin. Placing her hand on his shoulder to keep him in place, she pulled the branch out of him, driving it in again and again and again and again and again.

The rush she felt as she drove the branch into Reno's gut was thrilling. She pulled the branch out once more, now jabbing it into his throat. Reno looked at Sasha, fear in his eyes and slowly dropping backwards, exploding into a cloud of smoke upon contact with the ground.8 As if it had never happened.

Regret.
Sasha's guilt suddenly overcame her, why did she want, no, need to kill Reno?

She turned again to the creature that had attacked her, it was still covered in stab wounds. She had still stabbed it to death, even if she was not in her right mind as she did so.

She turned, dropping the branch in disgust and kicking it away.

PAI began to buzz with this, indicating that he was receiving messages. Sasha looked to the screen.