Chapter 6 - Kazakhstan

Dr Poole sat in his old office. It still had the same white walls. The same white floor. The same white ceiling. A single white desk in the centre of the room.

He remembered hating it before he ran away. Apparently, his taste had changed. Poole felt right at home.

Sitting down, he inserted his company USB into his desk. A wall panel behind him slid down and revealed a projector which shone a database onto the wall opposite Dr Poole. He then opened a drawer and grabbed a touchscreen from it, controlling the database through that.

***WELCOME TO LYNCH.CO DATABASE***

>Subjects

>Anomalies

>Rejects

>Staff

>Announcements

...

^Announcements

TO ALL STAFF: ALL INFORMATION ON SUBJECT 849 IS TO BE ERASED FROM ALL PERSONELLE'S MEMORIES. PLEASE REPORT TO BASE 5783 ON TUESDAY WHEN CONVENIENT.

TO THOSE COMPLAINING OF DR POOLES RECENT PROMOTION, IT WAS DECIDED BY THE COUNCIL AND CEO COLLECTIVELY. ANY WORD AGAINST THIS DECISION FROM TOMORROW WILL BE MET WITH DEMOTION OR MUTATION.

**SEE 2321 MORE**

....

^Subjects

^Search

The_Wood-Scape

>Interdimentional

>Ethereal

>Parasites

>Mutated

>Blacklist

>Escaped

>Subject 1244

...

^The_Wood-Scape

ENTRY WRITTEN BY DR JEOFFERY

The Wood-Scape was an exciting discovery. It gave us many new toxins and creatures to test on rather than our usual use of humans and pigs.

We had hypothesized that upon the death of the Wood-Scape we would stop receiving signals from the Cracked Trees. Contrary to this, upon its death we received a sudden spike in the signal, it was so strong that the man listening through some headphones is now partially deaf.

Interviews with the Subject (now believed to be the Wood-Scape inhabiting a body) have shown that it fears something. It regularly implies that it chose to inhabit a body to escape something beneath it.

This is very exciting indeed. Something as terrifying as the Wood-Scape is afraid of something else? Something beneath it? We have sent a team out to Summerville (A Cracked Tree hotspot) to investigate these signals. We hope to hear from them soon.

...

^Staff

>Base 1-5000

>Base 5001-10000

>Base 10001-15000

...

^Base 5001-10000

^Search

Dr Poole

...

^Dr Poole <RESTRICTED DUE TO RECENT EXPERIMENTATION>

...

***SHUTTING DOWN DATABASE***

Recent experimentation? What could that mean? Dr Poole couldn't remember anything. He couldn't remember anything at all.