Chapter 2 - Impossible Locations

Mr Poole sat at the mahogany desk, waiting for the doctor to see him. His eyes wandered around the room as he waited. Pictures of Dr Lockwood with others wearing blue jumpsuits. Each picture had a golden plated number on the frame.

As Poole's eyes wandered more, eventually returning to the desk. The side closest to him had scratch marks. Not normal scratches caused by items and documents moving around the surface, however. These marks were in the shape of finger-nails that clung desperately to the desk but were eventually dragged off.

A shiver travelled down the mans spine as he imagined the scene.

Before Mr Poole could speculate further, Dr Lockwood entered the room.

"Hello Mr. Poole." He spoke as he sat in his leather chair, flicking through his documents.

"We're doing names again today? If I didn't know better I'd say you actually considered me a friend." Replied Mr Poole, a tone of spite blanketing his words.

"Don't be a fool." Hissed Lockwood, frowning at the man. "You're nothing but information to me. A means at which I can study your condition. Keep pushing your luck and I'll just go back to a number, simple as that."

"Sorry I even opened my mouth." Frowned Poole, running his fingers along the scratches on the desk.

"Lets get this over with, recently you've made a friend, correct? Similar situation?" Lockwood questioned, his glasses shimmering in the yellow light of the lamp.

"If by similar situation you mean he's being forced to see a doctor because you people think you're helping us? Then yes. That would be correct."

Lockwood frowned with this, sighing as he leaned back in his chair. He looked to Mr Poole, examining him.

Poole's eyes remained on the scratches. Playing his fingers along them.

He looked over his documents again and then back up to his patient. "Figured out where the phone is yet?"

"His name is PAI. Not 'the phone'."

"Good."

"Why is it good, Dr Lockwood? Why is it good that you people took him from me? He was my friend!" Yelled Poole, bashing his fist on the table as the words shout out of his mouth.

"The phone is dangerous. It should never be allowed near people. Ever."

—————————Present Day—————————

An awkward silence hung over the the two as PAI loaded up the coordinates. Red thought this strange, he and Sasha usually got on great and their silences were a mere break. A moment to collect their thoughts.

But this was somehow different.

PAI suddenly broke the silence with his monotone voice. "I have given the coordinates to three of the pictures."

The phone then glared with three links to Google Maps pages, the first loaded up to Paris.

"Well Caleb liked to travel then. Makes our search for him about a billion times harder." Scoffed Sasha as she rolled her eyes at the thought.

Red frowned, subtly shaking his head at her before looking back to the phone.

"This location is centred at a known, yet illegal, entrance to the Paris catacombs." PAI then spoke, showing no sense of fear in his voice.