Water and Earth

Heyo! The first 5-7 chapters will be named after what the main characters "elements" are. This also goes along with the POVs as well.

You guys can guess which POV this is 😁

Also, I've decided that 12 years old is when everyone gets their 'manifestation things going on (except for Shiro, because, you know, he's a Were-Beast and that shit 😅).
Have fun reading this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He couldn't breath. At least, not underwater. Not until, at 12 years old, he manifested into the myth. A merman.

Instead of legs, a tail replaced them. The tail was as blue as the sea with beautiful, flowing turquoise fins attached. He could swim faster.

Gils appeared at his collarbone. He could now breath underwater.

He grew fins in between where his elbow and his wrist was. In between his fingers appeared light blue/transparent webs.

On his face, blue/turquoise freckles appeared, and his eyes became a blue/green. Improved eyesight so that he could see better underwater.

His teeth were replaced by sharper ones (like shark teeth in a way).

Then, it was over.

Looking at his new appearance, he felt like nothing could stop him. Well, the land could, but still.

Wait.

Did his parents know? They must've. After all, on his mom's side, they were mermen after all.

The young boy swam up to the beach. In 5 seconds, he was back in his human form. "Woah...." the Cuban boy whispered, entranced by how quickly he could manifest.

Then, he had a thought. Are there other Myths?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He could hear the voices.

Voices of the Earth, lending and giving him powers.

He was only wandering around, yet it seemed that no matter where he went he could hear them.

He knew which myth he was, yet felt it puzzling why he couldn't manifest.

His mother and his Grandmother had told him that the myth couldn't manifest, but they received powers that were exchanged in place of manifestation. He still didn't get it.

Whatever it was, he didn't care. He was 12 years old and lived in Honolulu, Hawaii for most of his life. He made friends quickly (although not too many because he didn't want to forget any of them), and his family had always supported him since the beginning.

He lived nearby the beach, so he could just walk down there and gaze at the waves, listening to their stories for hours at a time. He also went for daily walks down the beach, which were fun, but it also calmed him down whenever he felt like he was going to have a panic attack. All he had to do was listen to the stories and the waves, splashing over the beach in an endless rhythm.

One day, when he was 13 years old, he received a letter in the mail. It was from the Galaxy Garrison!! He couldn't wait to go and see his best friend; Lance.

Even though both boys communicated via computer and video chats, they became best friends immediately.

Then, as he was packing to leave for the Garrison, a thought struck him; are there any other myths?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay! I actually did something for once, even though the chapter is still pretty short! I'll edit it out and correct everything out as soon as I can, although I'm not promising very much!

Anyways, what did you guys think of this chapter? I hope that it wasn't that bad...

~ Brit ♥