Neon Dreams I

Everything I do is wrong. I mean everything, too. I get poor grades in school, I get chastised at work, I'm on the verge of losing it. I know I believe that something good is going to happen to me, but I don't know what or when. All I know is it needs to happen soon, or I can't promise that I won't erupt into a fit of blind rage. I logged into my computer, maybe spending some quality time on the internet would make me feel better. It never did, but it's worth a try. I browsed Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube...but nothing appealed until I saw this video from this dude named Markiplier. Looking for an intern. Pay is good, opportunities are good, and there's a chance to get hired in. I've never been into making videos, I'll admit, I'm not that creative or funny...but I've been told many times that I can draw well. I decided to shoot an application, even though I was quite sure that mine would never be selected. Someone with so many subs had to have quite a few people who were willing to fill the position, but I want a career change. I want something new and exciting. I sent my email with some of my better drawings attached to it as well as a brief resume. I didn't expect to hear back, but soon after I sent the email, I had an unread message from Mark.

(Y/N),

Thanks so much for your inquiry! You are a fantastic artist, and I could definitely use someone like you on my team. How do you feel about improv acting? How well can you handle recording equipment? I see that you live in LA, that's a huge plus. What I'm looking for is someone to help me create content (especially animations) and appear in videos from time to time. This internship will last for 6 months, but it can turn into a permanent position for the right person. I'll be waiting patiently for your reply.

Mark

I stared at the screen. Really? This seemed a bit too good to be true, but I decided to reply.

Mark,

I'm so glad you like my artwork and I'm glad you think I'll be a good fit for your position. I'll admit I'm not a great actress, but I can pick up on things quickly if I have a good instructor. I'm good with technology, I come from a tech-oriented family. I'd be more than willing to help you record, set up and tear down equipment, etc. As far as content creation goes, I'll admit I'm not that creative, but I do draw a lot and have some experience with making animations. I'd be more than willing to groupthink with you and your team to come up with good ideas for videos, but I'd be best suited for animating. I don't mind being on camera,but I'm not much to look at. 6 months sounds like a good amount of time to be away from my current job, and permanent may be great. Let me know what you think, and thanks for considering me.

(Y/N).

I sat and waited by the computer for what felt like hours before that familiar ding went off, alerting me to a new email.

(Y/N),

Inexperience is normal for interns. Your drawing skills are beyond amazing. I think you're going to be a great fit for us. I'd love to talk to you in person about the position. Let me know what time would be good for you to do an interview.

Mark

That was fast. Abnormally fast if you ask me.

Mark,

I'm off work tomorrow. I know that might be short notice, but it's rare that I have a day off of work. I'm a morning person, but as I said previously, I'm off tomorrow so any time if you have time tomorrow is good...otherwise, I'm going to have to secure a day off from work in the near future.

Thank you

(Y/N)

Another ding. We were practically instant messaging at this point.

(Y/N),

Tomorrow will work. 8 am at (address).

Mark

8am? Early bird gets the worm.

Mark,

Sounds great, I will be there at 8 am sharp. Thank you so much.

(Y/N)

Damn, I scored an interview for something that actually sounds interesting. Maybe life isn't such a bleak disgusting cesspool after all. I smiled as I closed my laptop, and set my alarm for 7 the next morning.