City of Stars III

I woke up feeling like I got no sleep at all. I looked outside to see wind and dark clouds...cuddle weather. Too bad being close to my girlfriend made me want to puke at the moment. I remembered that she was coming over today to work on a few things and it made my stomach hurt. I changed my clothes quietly, casting the worn ones into the hamper. I sat on the couch with my phone in hand, afraid to see what was on it. I finally got the strength to look and what I saw made me jump for joy and want to cry at the same time. One message from my girlfriend and a good morning text from (y/n). My girlfriend was checking in, worried that I wasn't okay. (Y/N) wanted to spend some time with me. I eagerly text (y/n) my address, and all but begged her to come over...and I ignored my girlfriend. I got another text. I hoped it was from (y/n), but it wasn't. My girlfriend was letting me know she was on her way. That was her. No matter what was going on, she worked her ass off. She was a determined, motivated, strong woman who was also adventurous, sweet, caring, beautiful and funny. Deep down I still had a desire to be with her, but it was nothing compared to my desire to be with (y/n). I text her and told her there was a change of plans. She replied asking me if I was okay again. That's when I did it: I told her we were off. As expected, she demanded answers, and I just didn't have the heart to tell her so I lied yet again. I curled up in a ball...it felt like someone had just kicked me in the gut. My girlfriend was mature about the whole thing, which made everything harder to deal with. I was hoping that she'd flip out, get mad...give me some dirt on her, but she remained totally innocent in all of this. I figured she would. I wiped at my eyes and got up to pace. Just then, I got another text. I was already feeling numb, so what's another message from my ex? I can take it. It wasn't her though, it was (y/n), telling me be ready because she was on her way. I felt some relief, but it barely picked at the guilt I felt. Why me? I sat on the couch thinking about what to do. Nothing came to mind. Within a few moments my phone was blowing up. Texts and calls were pouring in from all of my friends. Word travels fast when you're quasi-famous. I didn't have the desire to reply to everyone's inquiries. I thought about making it social media official, but the fans...what was I supposed to do? Post that I broke up with my girlfriend, then a few hours later post a picture of me with my new lady? Not a good idea. I decided to just do the former. I typed a delicate Facebook update expressing my sadness about the breakup among other things. I did the same on Twitter, then immediately closed my laptop. I didn't want to see the reactions, the messages, or anything else for that matter. There was sure to be a lot of them. A knock on my door brought me to my feet quickly. I was hoping it was (y/n) and it was. For a moment I was fearful that my now ex would still come over, demanding more answers, weeping, being...well you know, genuinely upset. "Come on in." I said, trying to hide my strained voice. "You're not happy. What's up?" she asked. "LONG morning." I said. I cooked up a lie. "You had a girlfriend, didn't you?" My body froze. "N-no...what?" (Y/N) laughed. "I was only kidding." she said. I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Not funny." I said. "If you did, I wouldn't have cared..." she said. "People change, things change, it's life." Interesting views, but I saw where she was coming from. "So you're a cheater, huh?" I asked, teasingly. "Nope. Break up with someone before you chase another. That's the rule." I saw where she was coming from. "It's shitty out there, huh?" she asked, looking out the window. "Nice place, by the way." "Thanks. Yeah, it's not looking too nice. That wind looks unpleasant." We sat on my couch and got to know each other a bit more, and each word she said made me forget about my ex more and more. She was incredible. Smart, funny, caring, bold, brave, gorgeous, reserved in the right respects...my ex on steroids. I can't believe it. I hoped she wasn't noticing me staring at her like that. "Why do you have that wild look in your eyes?" she asked. "Wild? I can look wild?" I asked, half laughing. "To me you can." she said. "I'm not trying to, I'm sorry. "It's fine, just a bit strange. It's like you want to tell me something with your body that your mouth can't say." She was reading my mind. I know of someone else who can read my mind, and if he was here, he'd probably be so blown away by (y/n) that he'd want to marry her...and he hates the concept of romantic relationships. I leaned in and gave her a kiss, but kept it quick. Did I want to go further? Fuck yes. Could I? Hell no. Not yet...she'd think I was just into her for the way she looked. She smiled at me, looking seductive...or at least to me she was. I turned away, remembering that I still had that picture of her on my phone. I could use that later to take the edge off. "I think we should make this official." I said. "Official, huh? That kiss didn't seal it?" "It did, but...we should go on dates...the whole 9 yards." She smiled. "I'd like that, Mark." She leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek and goosebumps rose on my skin. "Friday?" I suggested. "Friday." she replied. "Or as most people say, tomorrow." I wasn't even sure what day it was I was in such a daze. I laughed. "Alright, smartass. Tomrrow. Be here." She promised she would be and left gracefully. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about (y/n) only wanting sex, or wanting a shallow relationship and me dumping my now ex for nothing as a result. The possibility of that happening made me queasy, but something told me in the back of my head that the two of us were going to be together forever. I let the pain of losing my girlfriend subside and I pulled out my phone to gaze at (y/n)'s picture from last night. That warm, familiar tingle crept over my flesh and I found myself exploring my body while thinking of her just a few seconds later. I called her name softly, wishing that she was there to 'help' me out. I imagined what she looked like nude, under me, what her legs felt like wrapped around my body. The thoughts alone were enough to finish me off. I laid there catching my breath looking up at the ceiling, still taking in inhales of (y/n)'s sweet perfume. I'd never felt so strongly about anyone before.