•Chapter twenty-three•

"FIRED! FIRED I TELL YOU!" Our boss exclaimed with an red angry temper. I hid a glance at Amy who was staring at the boss with a little smirk.

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU CAN HIT A CAN OF SODA ON A CUSTOMERS HEAD BECAUSE HE CALLED YOU BARNEY THE PURPLE DINOSAUR?" She glares at Amy.
I bit down on my lips to stop myself from laughing. Amy's jaw is hanging wide open as she fiddled with her purple long sleeve shirt.

"At least it was a soft drink." Amy replied calmly.

I couldn't help but laugh immediately at her pun. I clutched my stomach trying to laugh quietly but that didn't help.

"AND YOU? YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?" The boss yells at me.
I nearly chock in my own saliva trying to not laugh.

"No.."I managed to get out, like a normal person.

Except I'm not normal at all. I'm like not even human. Probably, you never know.

Okay, so your probably wondering why Amy hit a customer with a soft drink can? Well it went a bit like this...

5 minutes ago..

I looked across the counter I was cleaning, I saw Amy with her arms crossed. She was dealing with another angry customer.
I sigh and leave the wet towel on the bench as I walk up to the table.

"We. Don't. Sell. Alcohol." Amy says loudly with every word.

The man looked muscled and angry. His eyes were looking straight at her.
"All stores sell alcohol."

"Do they don't! This is a freaking cafe!" Amy shouts getting her anger up.

I stepped next to Amy, the man's eyes now looking at me. I spoke with a small voice.
"Sir we do not sell alcohol, but we have coke, lemon-"

"I'll be fine with a coke with whiskey." He said bluntly.
I make a disgusted face.

Amy walked to the kitchen, I watched her curiously grabbing the can of coke, only the can, and walking back over.

The man looked up. "Where's the whiskey?" He said angrily.

"In the shop down the street." Amy says mimicking him.

He growled.

Amy threw her hands up. "What do you expect! Champagne? Beer?"

"Why you little.." the man got up from his table, frightening both of us. The people around was staring.
The man glared at Amy, and when he took at step in the opposite direction, Amy freaked out and threw the can at the mans head.

And the boss walked out right when she threw it. The man growled, took the can and walked out.

And now here we are.

"Get out." The boss said.

I bit my lip. Amy took off her apron to exit the cafe.
I took mine off and followed after her.
"Where do you think your going?" The boss asks me.
I turn around.

"I quit too." I say confidently.
Amy and I stick together, and if she gets fired, then so will I.

"Fine then. Off you go." She frowns.

I smile sweetly at her before looping my arm with Amy's.
We pushed the door open and left our job behind.

"You didn't have to do that. But I appreciate it." Amy says as we walk down the path.

"I wanted to. Your my best friend." I say smiling.

"But," she says in a low voice. "What about money? What are you going to do? Your mother doesn't earn enough." Amy says.

"It's okay." I reassure her. "The money from... my other job, gave us enough for five entire months."

Amy looks at me concerned. "What about after that?"

"I'll find a job by then. Don't worry about me." I say to her.

It was getting late, I walked Amy home, which wasn't far from my own house. I said a quick hi to her parents before leaving.
What's mum going to say when I tell her I'm not working anymore? That I quit for my best friend instead of staying for my family.
But I'll find a job.

Half of my mind wondered to Eugene. Not just him. Hunter and Sebastian. They all, were great people. But Eugene can be so.. so, frustrating at times.
And he said he loved me.

I stopped in my tracks.

I left him. Does that mean I broke his heart?
I feel terrible right now.

I reach my door, I take the keys from my bad and fiddle with the lock trying to unlock it.
Great, keys suck.

"Edythe Prior. Do you know how long it took me to find your house? Hours."

I jump and turn around to face the speaker. And of course, it was him.

Eugene.