•Chapter two•

"Morning, How was work? Sorry I got home late." My mum said as I lazily sat on the spinning chair in the kitchen.

"Work?" The events from yesterday came into mind. "Yeah, work was great, just great. Same as always. Lovely people, no spilt coffee, no need for my Dora tissues..."

I think I told her to much information by the look on her face. Mums tucked her brown hair behind her ear and raised her eyebrows.

"Who did you spill coffee on?"

I chuckled to myself. "What?
No one."

She gave me a 'sure' look and continued to cook pancakes.

"Amy wants me to go shopping with her, is that okay?" I ask.

"Yep, I'm going to be at work again anyway." Mum smiles over her shoulder and then hands me a plate of pancakes.

"Thank you!" My eyes lit up at the sight of my maple syrup chocolate pancakes. This is why I love Sundays, pancakes for breakfast.

I heard a beep from out the front.
"That's Amy." I say stuffing the rest of my pancake down.

"Love you!" I wave to mum and race out the door.

"Where's my pancakes?" Amy pouts.

"Oops?" I shrugged giving her a smile.

When we pull up at the shopping centre, I tried to keep up with Amy as she walks to find her favourite shop.

"Please don't make it a long shop." I wine.

"It's never a long shop." Amy says walking into the shop 'forever new.'

"Your joking right? You chose something you like, get distracted by the ice cream song, then we get a purple ice cream, then you go and argue with the worker that a top isn't in a purple colour, then once we find something you say it doesn't fit right. Oh and I haven't forgotten that you somehow smell the chips from the food hall on the ground floor when we are on the third one. And don't even get me started on shoes."

"You over exaggerate too much." Amy says.

"Then you talk about a guy supposedly hotter than a hair straightener-"

"Some workers are really hot." Amy says pointing at the guy over at the cash register.

I roll my eyes and look around the shop myself. My mind started to wonder. Who was that guy I spilt coffee on?

It was three hours. No maybe even five. Amy and I left the shop with a bag of chips and two pairs of new shoes.

"We went well for time." Amy says as we start to drive out.

"Really?" I say sarcastically. "We have work in five minutes!"

"Chill Edythe, we will make it." Amy laughs.

"I feel like my feet are falling off."

Once we reach to Sugar&Sweets cafe we race in ten minutes late.
Our boss was standing at the counter with a sour look on her face, her hair was tied up into a bun on top of her head. Her lips were pursed and shaded red with her eyebrows were coloured in.

Practically a human drawing book.

"Your late."

Really? We had no idea.

"Sorry. It won't happen next time." We both mumbled.

"Next time? There won't be a next time." She says sticking her nose up and turned to walk away.