•Chapter fifteen•

His hands were intertwined with mine on the plane home.

It was the first time we've made any kind of physical contact today. After the call, we all packed our bags and are crossing our fingers that we can get out of here and to the hospital fast. I was a tiny bit disappointed we didn't get to do much in Orlando, but this was more important.

Hunter was quiet on the plane ride, Amy and Sebastian were quietly watching a movie to pass time. And Eugene was staring out the window, tapping his foot
in-patiently.

My chest burned when I saw the hurt in his eyes, I instantly grabbed his hand. He glanced at me, and stopped tapping his foot. He squeezed my hand and laid back in his chair.

His eyes are closed but I knew he was still awake.

Once the plane landed a couple of hours later, he got up quickly, swinging his luggage over his shoulder with his hand still clutched in mine.

He didn't let go until we reached the car. Everyone was silent.
I just really hope everything is okay. I hope it's good news not bad news.
I was the driver, I didn't speed but I went quicker than normal. I clutched the steering wheel tightly, I just wanted to get there already.

Eugene swung his door open before I properly stoped the car, he got out and power-walked to the hospital doors. Hunter was following his footsteps closely.

Amy was looking down at her hands, Sebastian had his arm wrapped around her.

"Do you think everything is okay?" Amy finally says, non of us having any clue what's happened.

"I don't know." I mumble.

"Come on, lets go inside now." Sebastian said bluntly, opening the car door. I knew he knew what was up, it just wasn't in his place to tell us.

I crossed my fingers as I walked to the reception.
"Bea Rider." Sebastian says.

Bea? Of course. They never told me where she was, I'm just so glad she hadn't passed. I sigh of relief that Bea was alive. But her in hospital still wasn't a good sign.

"Room 34." The woman said.

I nod and Sebastian was first to take direction to the room.
Amy looped arms with me and we followed behind until we reached Bea's room.

Through the door, I see Eugene sitting on the chair beside the bed and hunter hugging a girl his age.

"That's Bea," Sebastian says before entering the room.

As I stepped into the cold room, a new pair of brown eyes from the hospital bed looked up at me. I'm guessing Sebastian and Amy stayed outside.
Her blonde locks was down passed her shoulders, red cheeks and a small smile was plastered on her face. She looked like Hunter.

"Who's this?" Bea asks turning to Eugene. "Is this your girlfriend? Is this a new one? You've never brought a girl in here before."

Eugene scratches the back of his head and chuckled at his baby sister. "No, she's not my girlfriend."

"Oh. I'm Bea." She smiles at me.

"Hi Bea, I'm Edythe." I smile back standing beside Hunter.

"Oh, your Edythe! I've heard about you." Her smile brightens.