•Chapter twenty•

I picked up my phone and I ran within a heartbeat.

There's one thing I've learned from watching horror films, the actors stay frozen in one spot and then get eaten alive or something. And then you sit on the couch yelling at the screen to run for their lives.
And that is why I managed to run before this crazy person got me.

You know what. There's only one person to blame for this.

And that person is Eugene Rider.

I turn down a random street, seeing the restaurants and cafes, lights on inside.

Freaking Eugene left with Blondie without letting me know. I was furious at him right now. I just want to claw my nails in his eyes.
I looked down at my hands, I don't have nails. And when I looked up, I ran face first into a pole.

Mother of freaking god.

"Are you alright?" Someone asks from infront of me.

I blink a couple of times, holding my throbbing head. The blurred vision became clear and I saw two figures, one shorter.

"Edythe?"

"What?" I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again.

Amy and Sebastian stood in front of me, hand in hand looking very concerned.

"Oh, aren't I glad to see you!" I grin.

Sebastian looks at Amy before frowning at me. I stare at them wide-eyed with a smile on my face.
I wonder if the kidnapper caught up to me yet?

"How many fingers am I holding up." Amy says holding up what looked like about twenty. But realistically that's not possible.

"Ahh, like two?"

"It's three." She says putting her hand down.

"Close enough." I shrug.

"I think she has a concussion." Amy says to Sebastian.

"Haha your face is a concussion, look at her face, haha." I laugh nudging Sebastian and pointing to Amy's face.
They both look confused for a second before grabbing me by the arm.

"I'm glad your kidnapping me, and not that creepy man outside the hospital." I say as I look at the cars parked along the street.

"What creepy guy?" Amy asks.

"A creepy guy." I say not really thinking.

"Why where out at this time of night? Where's Eugene? Didn't he take you there? Why wasn't he driving you home? Is the creepy guy still out there? Will he get me too?"

"Oh my god, Amy, chill!" Sebastian says as we got into his car.

"Sorry, but I need to know if I need to kick some ass...Eugene's ass." She yells plugging my in my seat.

"He left with mowly." I say rolling my eyes.

"What?"

"Molly." I corrected, huffing.

"Someone needs some peanut butter jelly." Amy laughs.

"I'm not jealous." I glare at her. "I'm pissed off, because the little shit left me there, and I could have got snatched by that creepy guy!"

"She swore." Sebastian says looking amused.

"Sue me." I say bluntly, holding my hands up dramatically. Then I glare at him before looking out the window.

Once we got to the mansion, I was first to get out the car. Amy yelled after me, something about checking my head. But at this moment I didn't care about my throbbing head and that stupid pole.

I mean who puts a pole in the middle of a pathway?

I went straight up stairs, barging the door open to his office. When he wasn't in there, I headed up to his bedroom.
I opened the door to find him fast asleep on the bed.

I leaned over so I was hovering above is face.
"I hate you so much." I whispered. I think I hit my head a little too hard.

I walked out of the room, but I felt a hand wrap around my wrist, stopping me from walking out.
I turn, seeing Eugene looking with concern and worry in his eyes.

"I- I'm sorry Edythe."

I glare at him.

"Let me explain." He started.

"I saw Molly. You don't have to explain anything." I snap.

Woah, I must have really hit my head hard.

"She was talking me into-"

"Stop-"

"I should have come back-"

"I don't care." I say, tears forming.

"I feel asleep, please listen!" He says shaking my shoulders. I glare at him and sit down on his desk chair.

"Make it quick."

Relief showed on his face. He took a deep breath, siting on the edge of the bed.

"Molly tracked my phone, came to the hospital and she was talking me into helping her find her mother. Her mother wasn't in the house and I said she might have gone out. But she was in tears and begging me to help her find her mother that never goes out the house. I knew it was a bit dodgy but she dragged me out the hospital. She took my phone, I couldn't text you. I was worried about you and thinking what you'd think when you didn't see me in the waiting room. I didn't notice my phone was gone until we found her mother in the cleaning the basement of her house. I was really pissed at her, so I took my phone, that was poking out the back of her pocket and stormed home."

I look at him, processing everything that came out of his mouth.

"And you fell asleep?"

"Ah.."

I shook my head. "I've heard enough."

I got off the chair, heading to the door, and before he could reach out and grab my wrist again, I shut the door quickly and held it for a few seconds.

I put my forehead on the door and closed my eyes, taking a few breaths. At this moment I really, really, hated Molly. Maybe it was because I hit my head that I was extra annoyed at everything.

Then just as I was about to leave, a voice whispered through the door that I was resting my head on.

"I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep with you in my mind and woken up the same."

I'm not sure if it was meant for me to hear.