Chapter 9

Harley's P.O.V.

After I got off the phone with Sam, I couldn't hep but squeal with excitement. I really wanted Ivy and Sam to be together, it was like they were meant for one another. I ran back upstairs and before I stepped inside my room, I could hear Ivy's voice. I figured she was just mumbling in her sleep. As I stepped inside I saw that Ivy was on the phone with someone, and she looked happy.

She glanced up at me, beaming at me. Surely she must be talking to Sam! "Who are you talking to?" I asked curiously. She mouthed 'Kyle'. I felt my heart sink...poor Sam. Ivy didn't even realize that she was breaking his heart. And it broke my heart knowing that she was breaking his heart.

"...Okay, I'll talk to you soon Kyle...yup...bye!" And she hung up. "You won't believe what just happened!" She exclaimed.

"What?" I asked discouragedly. I really didn't care all too much about Kyle. Him and Ivy shouldn't be together, it just wasn't right. She giggled and I was about to roll my eyes, but I didn't want to look rude or mean.

"Kyle said he wants to take us both out to lunch tomorrow!!!" A burst of excitement flooded to her face, and she was all bubbly.

"Oh, cool, that sounds like fun." I feigned a smile. I didn't really want to go, but I would go for Ivy; if that was what made her happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Ivy and I were just finishing getting ready to meet Kyle at the diner. On the drive there, I kept my eyes focused on the road, dredding this lunch with him and Ivy. Knowing her, she would probably be swooning over him the entire time. When we pulled in, I let out a long, exaggerated sigh. Ivy's head shot over to me. "Are you okay?" She asked, with a concerned look on her face. I nodded and smiled at her. She returned the smile, and we hopped out of the car. I was bracing myself for one of the worst experiences of my life. Ivy was ahead of me and pushed open the door. Once we were inside, some guy, that I couldn't see very well, notioned us over there. He got up and as he was giving Ivy a hug, his eyes traveled up to mine, and his face went pale. I looked into his, and my heart stopped. My breath was stuck in my throat, and I could feel my pulse pounding inside my head.

"Kyle, this is my best friend, Harley." Ivy said smiling, as she was introducing Kyle to me.

"Uhh----h-----hi-----Harley." He choked out. My pulse sped up rapidly. Why was this complete stranger making my heart speed up? Was I having a heart attack?!

"Hi------Kyle." I managed to say. I was just dumbfounded; if only I knew Kyle was this breathtaking, I wouldn't have been so quick to judge him. Kyle and I kept our gaze, looking at each other, held. His eyes were roaming all over my face, and he smiled every now and then. I felt my palms start to get a little sweaty, and I quickly rubbed them on my my jeans, hoping Kyle wouldn't notice.

Ivy looked back and forth between us and smiled. She practically dragged us to our table. I couldn't believe it. I wished I could take back every negative thing I ever thought about him, he was absolutely gorgeous! And he had the most captivating eyes I had ever seen, with a smile to match. We sat down at our table, and Kyle kept staring at me. I tried to avert my eyes so Ivy wouldn't notice.

---------------------------------------------------------

After lunch, Kyle walked Ivy and I to the car. He quickly gave Ivy a hug, and hurried over to me. He blushed when he came over to me. He pulled out his phone with a shy grin on his face.

"Could I please have your number, Harley?" He asked. I blushed intensly, and quickly put in my contact information into his phone. I returned his phone and shot him another smile before getting into the car, Ivy and I heading back to my house.

"So," Ivy began, "I think Kyle likes you!" She squealed. I tried chuckling to sound like I thought she was joking.

"You're crazy Ivy, there is no way he likes me." I tried shrugging it off to make it look like I didn't care, but I actually did!

"Oh please Harley! Don't tell me you didn't see the way he was staring at you! He was totally captivated by you!" All I did was shrug my shoulders at her protest. "Every time I tried saying something to him, all he did was say 'Yeah, sure, that's great' and when I looked over he was staring at you!"

I chuckled again, okay, maybe she was right, but really, I didn't want to tell Ivy that I thought he was hot, seeing how she had some kind of feelings for him.

"That's really sweet of you, Ivy, but I thought you liked him?" I asked, sternly watching the road. A sigh escaped Ivy's lips and I instantly felt bad.

"Well, Kyle was really sweet, but I don't want him to settle for me knowing the way he looked at you. Gosh Harley, I wish you saw what was in his eyes when he saw you...I envy you for that." She didn't say anything the rest of the ride home, but all I could do was silently agree with her. I did see the look in his eyes, it was unlike anything I had ever seen before. His beautiful golden eyes danced with love and passion when he looked into my eyes, and everytime he looked deeply into my eyes, it were as if he could tell what I was thinking. It was something I had never experienced before, and I found myself loving it instantly.

Ivy's P.O.V.

After Harley and I hung out for the rest of the day, I told her I was going to head home. I had a lot to think about, and it seemed like she did too. I was honestly so jealous of Harley and the 'spark' that her and Kyle were sharing. I wanted to have that with someone too! Right after that thought entered my mind, I immediately thought of Sam. Sam! Is it possible that I had it with him when we were little? No..that's crazy..or is it? When we were younger I wouldn't have been able to recognize it, maybe that is why I haven't been able to let go of him all these years; because we're meant to be together.

'I must be going crazy,' I thought to myself, 'there's no way Sam and I are soulmates.' I attempted brushing it off, but something in my head wouldn't let me let go of him. Right as I was about to get in bed and rest for the night, I heard my phone buzzing on my bedside table. I instantly shot up to grab it.

Sam: Hey Ivy, I am really sorry about what happened...I didn't mean to say those things...I hope you can forgive me, I really want to make it up to you..

My heart just melted, I wasn't even mad at Sam but I felt like he thought I was and that just made me more upset. I couldn't help but keep thinking though, were Sam and I soul mates? I shook off the thought.

To: Sam

Ivy: I wasn't ever mad at you Sam, and I am sorry too, I guess I was kinda harsh on you about kissing me, I didn't mean what I said though about you forcing yourself on me, I'm sorry as well

Send.

My heart instantly felt elevated for making up with him, but I still felt hurt and confused about why he stopped talking to me. What was it that he read in my diary? And what was this thing that I supposedly told Dylan also? My body shuddered slightly and I quickly hopped into the blankets and pulled them upto my neck. My lungs took in a deep breath and my eyes slowly shut as I drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys liked it! I tried making it longer xD I promise I'll make the next chapter longer<3

Comment, vote? Let me know what you think :)

And I thank all of the amazingly dedicated fans that have been reading this story and helping it to grow, it means the world to me! Thanks guys! :)<3

-Jess<3