Chapter 3

Sam's P.O.V.

Later that evening,

I sat there, slumped over on my unmade bed, with my hands holded in my lap. I yearned to speak with her. Just to send her a quick "hey" text, in hopes she would reply back would make my wildest dreams come true. It felt good to talk to her today, at least now she actually knows why I did what I did. If only she could forgive me.

I couldn't take not talking to her anymore, I whipped out my phone and quickly dialed her house phone, not knowing what to expect.

"Hello?" A sweet and quiet voice asked. I swallowed the lump in my throat. I got so nervous every time I spoke to her.

"Ivy?" I asked. I already knew it was her, I was just so nervous. There wasn't a response for a moment. I just sat there, waiting for a reply.

"Sam? Is that you?" She asked. I smiled to myself, it was definitely her. There was something about the way that she said my name, something in her voice, it was unlike any other way someone has ever said my name before. It was unmistakable.

"Yea, it's me." There was once again a pause.

"What do you want, Sam?" She sighed. I hoped I wasn't bothering her.

"I don't know, I just missed your voice I guess." I suddenly felt sad and really lame, I could sense that I was being way too pushy.

"Well, I'm just about to go to bed. So, we will talk another time. Bye, Sam." With that, she hung up and the line was dead. I shut my phone and fell back onto my back with my eyes shut. Why can't she just forgive me...

-----------------------------------------------------

Ivy's P.O.V.

I loved summer vacation. I loved being able to sleep in every day, and not have to worry about all the stress from school. What I loved even more, was the fact that every summer was different, filled with new surprises and twists. That morning I woke up, feeling better than I had ever felt before. Something had just told me that today was going to be a good day. I stretched out my entire body, starting at my head all the way down to my toes. I arose from my comfy bed and opened up the blinds on the shades. Across the street, I saw a moving truck. I typically am not too fond of changes, but something was different about this. Out of no where, my mother shot into my room as if she had just been fired from a pistol. Her hair was all messed up from running all over the house. I watched her with curiosity, wondering why she was acting like a mad-woman. She was completely out of breath, and she had to sit down on my bed to recompose herself.. She grabbed my hand and took in a big deep breath.

"We---have---new----neighbors." She said inbetween gasps for breath. All I could do was laugh at her. I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Mom, I already knew." She dropped her head in humiliation. Knowing my mother though, she would probably bake them something as a 'welcome to the neighborhood' present. "But let me guess, you are going to bake them something?"

"Oh darling, don't be silly! The apple pie is already in the oven!" I rolled my eyes at her teasingly, that was just like my mother. "But, earlier I did happen to see that the couple moving in has a son. A son that you just might be interested in." She stated with a smirk. I chuckled. I really wasn't looking for a summer romance, any kind of romance actually. After all that Sam has pulled, it has temporarily traumatized me.

"Mom, that's really nice of you, but I think I'm straying from boys for a while."

"Well, you might change your mind when you see him." She winked and drifted out of my room. I stole another glance out the window, to see a boy with short light brown curly hair carrying some boxes into the house. I smiled, maybe this would be a very interesting summer.

----------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it!

Feedback please! :)

-Jess