Chapter 2

A horrible buzzing sounded off against my small wooden bedside table and my body shot straight up as if an electric shock had suddenly burst through me. Dang phone. Stupid me for leaving it on vibrate. I forced myself to check the time on the alarm clock, the neon blue lights burned my eyes. It read '6:52 a.m.'. Who the heck is texting me at 6:52 a.m.?!

Sam: Hey Ivy, it's Sam. I was wondering if we could maybe hang out today?

A groan escaped my lips. Seriously, Sam?? You woke me up at 6:52 a.m. for this? My fingers viciously hit the buttons on my phone.

TO: Sam-

I guess we can. Pick me up at 10:30. Don't be late, otherwise it's off.

Send. I quickly turned the volume down all the way to silent to prevent myself from having to be woken up by that idiot again. I snuggled down into the warm covers and sighed. Why did he want to hang out with me? This boy must have high hopes for suddenly talking to me yesterday and is now expecting me to hang out with him. Whatever, I guess I'll just have to find out what he wants later. My eyes fluttered softly and I drifted off to sleep.

************************

A soft knock on my bedroom door awoke me. I shifted and turned in my bed. "Come in," I groaned. My mom stepped in, her golden brown hair was tied back in a messy bun, and a bright smile on her face.

"Good morning dear! I was just wondering if you wanted to go out with your father and I. We have to go to the book store so I can pick up some new cook books." My heart sunk. The one day I have plans, they go to the book store. I sighed in defeat.

"I can't, Mom actually. Sam wants to see me today," That sentence raced out of my mouth in hope she wouldn't catch on to what I said, "but I have a couple books I wanted picked up, if you wouldn't mind getting them for me." Her mouth dropped and she plopped down onto my bed, leaning into me with a huge smile on her face.

"Sam?! THE Sam? The one who you had a crush on and who always came over? Oh my goodness, this is fantastic! Now you two can finally be together!" I loved it when she got all enthusiastic about stuff like this, but it was almost annoying now. Probably because it was about that idiot.

"Mom, chill. I know it's kinda cool that he's actually speaking to me, but don't forget, he hates me. Don't you remember all those night I stayed up all night crying into you because I couldn't get over how much I missed him?" A lump formed in my throat and I quickly swallowed it. Her bright smile soon fell.

"Well, I wonder what he wants darling. But I will definitely get those books for you, try to have fun on this little 'date' or whatever it is." She motioned quotation marks as she said date. I chuckled softly.

"Yup." I replied popping the 'p'. A smile returned to her face and her loving arms wrapped around me in such a comforting way.

"I'll see you later, sweetie. Your father and I will be leaving in a few. So be good, and you be sure to tell me everything that goes on!" I kissed her cheek and she left. Without thought I grabbed for my phone. I had a message. Sam, of course.

Sam: Thank you so much Ivy! I'll see you then!

My eyes rolled to the side and I shut my phone. I check the time, 9:00 a.m. I smiled instantly, I had time to take a nice long shower.

*************************

I stepped out of the steaming shower, towel wrapped around me tightly. My feet hit the freezing tiled floor and I winced. I grabbed my clothes and sprinted into the next room. I luckily had my own bathroom that was attached to my room. I threw on a pair of skin-tight jeans and a red tee-shirt with a little v-neck. I smiled at myself in the mirror in approval.