Chapter 4

As soon as I finished getting dressed, I trotted downstairs to see my mother about to take the pie over to the neighbor's house. "Oh, Ivy!" Would you like to come with me to the neighbor's house to say hello?" She said with a grin, I nodded happily. I quickly scanned my outfit for any imperfections, my light yellow tube-top fit snuggly against me, and my denim shorts complimented my ever-so-slightly tanned legs. My hair was slightly damp, but already starting to wave, and smelt of warm vanilla.

My mom and I headed out the door and quickly crossed the street, manily because my mother was overly excited to meet the new neighbors. We approached the door and my mother knocked happily, trying to balance the warm pie. A middle-aged woman, probably about 35, answered the door. She had golden brown hair that matched the hair of the boy I saw earlier. "Hello!" My mother greeted happily. "I'm Elizabeth Parker, and this is my daughter, Ivy." My mother smiled proudly, slightly lifting her chin. She handed the woman the pie. She smiled genuinely.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Parker! It is so nice to meet you and your beautiful daughter! I'm Marilyn Moore. I would have you meet my husband, Arthur, but, he is far too busy putting things away." She paused. "Kyle! Come here and meet our neighbors!" We waited a moment, and I saw him. He had hazel brown eyes that reminded me of the color of changing leaves in autumn. The curls in his hair were like the rolling waves of the ocean. He looked like he could be a model.  "Kyle dear, this is Mrs. Parker and her daughter, Ivy." Mrs. Moore stated.

"Hi, I'm Kyle." He said, his voice was deep. He smirked at me, and my heart sped up.

We stood there in an awkward silence.

"Well then, we will leave you to your unpacking, and we hope to hear from you soon. Come to think of it, how about you all come over for dinner at our house tonight!"

"That would be wonderful! How about we come over for 6:30?" Mrs. Moore suggested. My mother nodded as we said our good byes, and with that, we left.

---------------------------------------------

Bzzzzzt! Bzzzzzzzt! I whipped my phone out of my pocket and quickly read the message.

Sam: Hey Ivy! I was wondering if we could hang out again, maybe go somewhere for dinner? :)

I frowned a little, I couldn't help but feel a little sad. Not that I wanted to go out with Sam, but I didn't like making him upset or regected. I just didn't appreciate how he felt like I would be so willing to be with him now that we are sort of talking again.

To: Sam

I'm sorry Sam but I can't...I'm having my new neighbors over for dinner tonight...maybe some other time.

Send.

I sighed as I plopped my phone down on my bed. It was 6:00, and the Moore family would be here really soon.

------------------------------------------

We all sat around the dinning room table, having a delicious dinner of pasta and a fresh garden salad. The chandelier overhead gave the dinning room a warm, but soft glow. Their company was pleasant; my dad talked with Arthur, and my mom talked to Marilyn. However, all throughout the night, Kyle didn't say a word to me, but he kept staring at me. After dinner, the Moores thanked us for our hospitality and started heading home. My mom quickly told me to go out and tell Kyle that it was nice meeting him. I groaned, I really didn't want to after the way he acted at dinner. I hurridly ran outside to see Kyle just about to enter his house.

"Kyle!" I yelled after him. He spun around and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Ivy, what's up?" He asked as he approached me. I felt my stomach flutter  and I couldn't refrain from smiling.

"I just wanted to say that I was really glad to meet you, you and your family are really sweet." I felt my face blush a little, as I tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Well, I'm just as happy to have met you. Your mom is a really amazing cook! Maybe we should hang out sometime? I'm going to the beach tomorrow, wanna come?" He asked with a smirk. I felt my heart race a little.

"Sure! I'd love to!" I exclaimed without hesitation. My first date in what feels like ever! I couldn't contain my excitement!

"Awesome, I'll see you tomorrow then." He smiled at me one last time and walked away into his hosue. I felt so giddy, I was practically squealing with anticipation! I ran back into my house, bolted up the stairs, and shut the door behind me, completely exhilirated from the adrenaline and excitement. I collapsed onto my bed and let out a long sigh, unable to stop smiling. I couldn't wait for tomorrow.

------------------------

Hope you like it!

Feedback, comment, vote!

-Jess<3