Chapter 8

My breath caught in my throat, and I stood there staring at him, as he just watched me, giving me that coy smile. My pulse began to speen up rapidly, I didn't know what to say, the words wouldn't form or come out. He slowly approached me, his broad shoulders slightly swaying side to side.

"You might want to close your mouth Ivy, I get that I'm good looking, but really, you might start drooling." He stated cockily. A gasp came out quickly, how dare he think so highly of himself.

"You wish I was drooling over you, Sam!" I retorted. He snorted and shook his head in disbelief.

"Ivy, just admit it, I know you want me." He said cooly.

"Says the one who forced himself on me." I replied with a grin. I began to saunter off when he grabbed my wrist forcefully. My head snapped back at him in shock. I looked up and began scanning his face. 'Hurt' was writted all over him. His blue eyes turned even brighter with each passing second, and his mouth was planted firmly in a frown. His eyes were beckoning me into him. I took a step closer to him. "Sam..." I muttered. He knew that I saw the saddness in his eyes. His grip on my wrist loosened, and his hand dropped to his side. He averted his gaze from me, and started at his feet.

"I just wish you would give me a chance..." He started. I took another step closer to him, and he lifted his head to meet my gaze. A tiny drop of saddness rolled down his cheek, as his eyes began turning red. The whole paty suddenly became very quiet, and all eyes were on us.

"Sam..." I repeated. He took another step back, but remained staring at me while the tears began flowing more.

"You can just leave me alone Ivy. I won't bother you anymore. You can be with Kyle if he makes you happy." And with that, he turned away and left. I stood there, waiting to hear the door clicking shut, and when it came I dropped to my knees. I sucked in a deep breath, and it pained my chest. In the next moment, my face was burried in my hands and I was sobbing uncontrollably. I felt a gentle pat on my back, another soothing hand was rubbing my shoulder. I looked up and saw Harley and Rachel hovering over me. They both were frowning. Harley helped me to my feet and pulled me into a hug. I cried into her shoulder, but she didn't say a word. All she did was comfort me.

"Come on," she began, "let's go back to my house." Harley said in a soothing voice.

"If you need anything, Ivy, please let me know." Rachel added. I nodded my head, I couldn't speak. Harley and I made our way to the door and left. I was humiliated, hurt, and felt like the most heartless person on the planet. We climbed into her car and headed back to her house.

-----------------------------------------------

Harley and I sat on her bed in our pajamas, shovelling cookie dough ice cream into our mouths. I was still crying hard, and she was comforting me as best as she could. "I just don't get why he does this to me." I said when my tears began calming down.

"He must really love you, Ivy. I have never seen Sam cry before." Harley replied.

"I know, I feel so bad..but all he does is toy with my emotions, one minute he is acting all sweet, and the next, he is acting like he hates me, then the next he is telling me to stay away from him!" I flopped back on the bed and slapped my hands over my face.

"Maybe you should talk to him Ivy." Harley suggested.

"Are you out of your flipping mind?!?!?!?! When he says 'stay away from me', I think that means to stay away from him."

She sighed heavily, drawing in a deep breath. "But maybe it could help. Isn't it worth a try?" I shrugged my shoulders. Was it worth it?

"I dunno.." I replied.