epilogue

2:30 PM

i flatten out the creases that appear on my dress, and pat the top of my head to make sure not one strand is sticking out, sighing to myself as i look around me.

i immediately smile at the sight of luke from across the room. he's chewing on his bottom lip, something he does whenever he's nervous, as he also flattens the creases down his suit.

he looks up, and we lock eyes. i point downward, and he immediately catches on, looking down on his zipper. he zips it up immediately and mouths a "thanks" to me. we smile at each other and i give him a thumbs-up.

we are interrupted by the sound of the church doors opening, and there appears the goddess he's been in love with since high school. his small smile turning into a toothy grin at the sight of her.

she walks down the aisle, background music playing, and luke is smiling from ear to ear.

as i watch the scene, i think, my moonlight is smiling, but it's not because of me.

i shake my head at this, remembering all the times that quote has played in my head.

today marks the day luke and the love of his life get married.

today also marks the 2,734th day of me loving him.

he still doesn't know, and i still haven't forgotten how to count.