sing

12:16 AM

"spin it, calum." michael says as he points to the glass bottle positioned at the middle of the table.

so far we have played three rounds of it, and michael has french-kissed the girl with auburn hair, ashton has taken three shots of vodka straight, and jane has taken a sip of beer.

calum spins it, and to my dismay, it lands on me.

i sigh, take a shot of vodka and utter the word, "dare."

"perfect," michael smirks, "i dare you to sing a song on stage."

"whaaaat?" i slur.

"c'mon, they've been asking for volunteers for the past hour," ashton reasons, "plus, you've got a great voice, ky."

i roll my eyes, then take another shot of vodka, "i'm only doing this 'cause i'm drunk."

12:26 AM

i am now on the three feet high stage, looking down at an audience of about forty strangers including my friends.

"this is for that fucker with the wild hair," i say into the mic, pointing at michael, "fuck you!"

the band behind me starts to play the introduction of do you want to know a secret by the beatles, and all the while i feel the alcohol flow inside my veins.

"you'll never know how much i really love you,
you'll never know how much i really care,"

i sing into the mic, all the while staring at the blond haired boy as he smiles at me. he probably thinks i'm looking at him cause i'm nervous. no, stupid, i'm looking at you because i'm singing for you.

"listen,
do you want to know a secret?
do you promise not to tell?"

i sway side to side as i sing, and i look to see that jane whispered something in luke's ear, causing him to grin.

"oh, closer,
let me whisper in your ear,
say the words you long to hear,"

luke's attention is full on jane as of now, his back is turned to me and his head tilts back as he laughs at whatever jane has said to him. i sing the next lyric while staring at the man who will never look my way.

"i'm in love with you,"

i feel a pang in my chest but i continue to sing.

"listen,
do you want to know a secret?
do you promise not to tell?
woah oh, oh, closer,
let me whisper in your ear,"

i watch as luke plays with jane's hair.

"say the words you long to hear,
i'm in love with you,"

luke tucks a lose strand of hair behind jane's ear.

"i've known this secret for a week or two,
nobody knows, just we two,"

jane smiles at him.  they have stopped talking, but are still staring at each other. fucking look at me.

"listen,
do you want to know a secret?
do you promise not to tell?"

i have stopped swaying now, and i am just standing still as i sing, while staring at the two figures as if they are my only audience.

"closer, let me whisper in your ear,
say the words you long to hear,"

luke leans in. and i can't quite see, but by the way jane's hand goes up to luke's hair, i know they're kissing.

"i'm in love with you."

the audience claps, and i stay there, staring at luke and jane, until three figures are walking towards the stage.

they climb up, and are pushing me to go down, "this is your fault, michael." ashton said.

"it's nobody's fault." i mumble as i allow them to help me walk, too hurt to move by my own.

-

uhshhahaha i have a perfect ending planned i hope ya'll are EXCITED

- au