driver

6:06 AM

"wake up, people!" someone is jumping on the bed as he screams very loudly, "let's get this show on the road!"

"what time is it?" i groan, reaching my hand out of the blanket to search for my phone on the desk next to me.

"it's 6 am," ashton chirps, "wake up, guys! so we can possibly arrive home before dark."

i sit up slightly, using my elbows for support, and scan the room.

calum, check. michael, check. ashton, check.

"where's luke?" i ask ashton.

"oh, he left the room at around 5 am," he says, taking the dirty clothes inside his bag, folded or not, "said he was gonna meet up with jane before we leave."

"oh," i sit up fully now, "okay."

"just give up on him, ky." i hear michael's hoarse voice as he tries to calm his messy hair.

"i wish it was that easy." i sigh, getting up. i already organized my stuff yesterday, so now i'm helping the boys fix theirs.

"the saying 'if you love someone, let them go.' is something i can say to you right now." calum says as he sits up from bed, while rubbing his eyes.

"i'm trying my hardest, guys," i frown, "he's always there. and when he's not, my heart looks for him. i'm so used to loving him that i forgot how i was before i did." i say, trying hard not to look at them.

"you can do this, ky," ashton holds me by the chin, "enough is enough."

"in life, you win some, you lose some. i guess you never won nor lost luke. but that's okay, cause he's still there. but if you keep hoping for you to win him, you'll lose yourself." michael says, as he helps me fold his clothes, stuffing them inside his bag.

"that's some deep shit right there." calum chuckles as he heads for the bathroom.

just as i was about to say something, the door opens.

"good morning!" luke sing-songs as he practically skips into the room, "i'm ready to go."

"well, we're obviously not." i say, as i eye my pajamas and michael's boxers.

"damn it," luke says, "i'll go meet up with jane again, call me if you're ready." and in a flash, he has exited the room again.

we fold the clothes and fix our stuff silently.

7:02 AM

"goodbye, beach! goodbye, clear waters! goodbye, white sand!" ashton fake cries as he waves goodbye to the nothingness.

"i can't wait to leave this place." i mumble to myself as i see luke and jane saying their goodbye's to one another. like they won't see each other when we get home.

we all get in the car, the same positions as before, and we drive away from the beach.

within minutes of driving, i talk to no one, and eventually fall asleep.

9:16 AM

i wake up and rub the sleep out of my eyes. luke has been driving for roughly over two hours, and the three boys at the back are dozed off. luke's eyes are focused on the road.

i turn my head to look at him.

the facial hair he has that hasn't been shaved in three weeks.

his cute, pointy nose that allows him to breathe and be the best human ever.

his blond, curly hair. that looks so damn soft i'm always tempted to run my fingers through it.

his cute, deep dimples.

his pink and plump lips. the ones i got to kiss because of a dare.

the sun shining on his face, making his eyes look bluer than ever.

i sigh as i stare intently at the man sitting on the driver's seat.

hows THAT FOR A LAST CHAPTER FUCKEN WHIp!
Also i changed my @ from girlahlmighty to -lukeniall YAY
ya'll, i'm excited for the epilogue :')

BTW THANKS FOR GETTING THIS TO #96 on short story it means a lot :'>

- au