Chapter 13

That's Mia's outfit :)

I walked into the conference room, toying with the dials on my camera as I waited for the monthly meeting to start. I shook my head when I saw Riley was talking to his slowly fading crush.

Lila was known for her long black hair that always reminded of a Pantene ad, she had dark brown eyes and skin, she wore a lot of purple and red which had become Riley's new favorite colors when he was at the peak of his crush. Personally I didn't like her, simply because she always lead Riley on with dates but never actually instigate anything. Riley would always come over to our apartment and Emily would cheer him up with anime or we would watch cute cat videos.

"Alright, so you've all been doing awesome this month as always." Ella started, smiling at the whoops that accordingly rose. "The MVP is Lila this month." Ella announced, and everyone cheered not surprised that it was her once again. Everyone had persuaded Ella to name the title 'MVP' which instead of Most Valuable Player meant Most Valuable Photographer.

Lila stood up and I watched as she smiled her ever-present fake smile, and I knew it was fake from how many photos I had taken of people being forced to smile at events they probably didn't want to be at.

"Thank you, I'm very grateful to be awarded again." She told the room, and I raised my eyebrows as annoyance seeped into me at her statement. I saw Riley lean back into his seat and I knew that his crush only had to do with her physical attractiveness and not because of her personality thank god.

The meeting went by quickly, and I rolled my eyes when I heard that Lila had received the biggest event this month not surprised in the least. I walked out of the room and towards my desk while browsing through the small list of occasions I was assigned.

***

Pretty Boy: Hey im free, wanna go to the planetarium?

I had been staring at the text for at least 2 minutes, a hurricane of emotions flooding through me. I had felt excitement when I saw the notification then dread, then annoyance at myself before a small bit of hope rose through the mess.

I didn't want to disturb Emily since I knew she was in an important meeting, instead opening my chat with Riley.

Me: You busy?

Ri-chan: Nope, why?

Me: Dude's asking me to hang out and I don't wanna go alone

While the statement was true, it still contained lies since Evan wasn't just some 'dude.' I waited for the buzz, chewing at the gum that had lost its flavor. My nerves grew when Evan texted again with two simple question marks.

Ri-chan: Lila and I can come along

I raised my eyebrows at that, guessing that he maybe asked her after the meeting this morning. Although I didn't like Lila, my distaste for her didn't prevail over my want to avoid being alone with Evan.

Me: thanks idk when we're going, but its to thte planetarium

I opened my conversation with Evan and texted back an affirmative, anticipating his reply back.

Pretty Boy: cool, does 7 sound good?

I responded in agreement, quickly texting Riley again before distracting myself with my camera in my bedroom.

***

I walked out of the apartment, knocking on Emily's door on the way since I could hear her light snores through the door. I entered my car, checking that my company was leaving for the destination as well, before turning onto the road and driving to the building that I didn't know existed.