Week 3

After that week, I wanted nothing more than to run away and hide forever.

Of course I can't do that because I owe it to Dana and Odette, who by the way got slapped back for slapping me with no reason. Well there was a reason but it was just a jealousy thing. 

Obviously not wanting to upset anyone anymore, I showed up to school the next week. I haven't talked to Jin since the incident. Honestly, I didn't want to see him for awhile after that.

Things never go according to plan because next thing you know I'm bumping into Jin. 

I go to walk away but he grabs my arm and I turn to look at him. He looked so vulnerable and my heart shattered.

"Dana, Dana please. Talk to me! Please! I'll do anything! I'll get down on my knees and beg if I have to, just please, talk to me.." 

He teared up, but before I could react he looked down and played with his shoes.

I lightly touched the side of his face pulling him to look up at me. The way he looked at me, I honestly could no longer breathe and I just blinked realizing I was crying.

He went to pull away but I just pulled him farther back and into a hug. He started sobbing. I lost control of my body and the next thing I knew I was holding him as tight as I could.

"I'm not mad at you, I promise. I could never be mad at you Pink Princess. Never." I cried into his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please don't hate me. I love you. I missed you so much!" He sniffled.

"Jin, it's fine. I missed you too. Who would have thought my best friend from summer camp would be going to the same high school as me. What, home school just wasn't good enough anymore?"

He pulled away and chuckled. I bit my lip and looked up at him through my eyelashes.

"Nah, I figured I'd give public school a try. You made it seem so much better than it actually is. Damn Dana, how could you make this hellhole seem so muc better than it actually is?"

I laughed, "Maybe it's because I was a naive jr. high kid. I didn't know any better. When did you start going to public school?"

"Sophmore year. I was hoping to see you here, but I talked to Josephine who you mentioned many times, and she said you moved away without saying a word and I became so confused. I tried everything in my power to find you. Where did you move to?"

I frowned looking away. Shaking my head I looked back at him and tried to stress my facial expressions to show that I don't want to talk about it but he just smiled encouragingly.

"I was in a place called Meadows." He looked at me confused wanting me to explain more, "it's a place where kids with depression or mental issues go. Like a mild mental ward for kids. I went there because I tried to kill myself. I didn't want to tell anyone I was leaving because they would ask where and I'm proud that I went there to get the help I need, but I'm not proud of why I went there. It should have never come to that."

I was silently crying and by the time I had admitted why I went there I was turned away from him staring blankly at a wall.

He walked up behind me and rubbed my back soothingly. 

"It's not your fault the people around you don't know how to treat a princess correctly. You're a diamond in the rough, and Dana, you don't need to be shaped because you're already perfect." 

I had turned around to look at him, but when he had said the last part my face heated up and suddenly my shoes were the most interesting thing in the room.

"I'm not perfect at all. Everybody has their flaws, mine are just worse than most people. But, I missed you Jin and we have a lot to catch up on." I said smiling up at him.

"Yes, we do." 

-

After filling him in on everything that happened, it was already the end of the school day. He asked me if I was up for going out for ice cream, of course I said yes.

We were walking together with our arms linked together. I was laughing at a something he said when I tripped and started falling. I wasn't the only victim though.

Since my arm was linked with his, he fell down with me, but he switched our positions just in time for him to take the pain of the fall, with me positioned on top of him.

I had my eyes closed ready to embrace the pain and when we landed I didn't feel any pain, in fact the only thing I could feel was something warm against my lips.

Opening my eyes quickly I realized my lips were pressed against his. I froze before quickly pulling away and clambering off of him.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. We just fell, and you moved, and- I didn't mean to, honest." I stammered trying to explain myself.

He laughed running a hand through his hair. "You make it seem like you didn't want to kiss me, does that mean you don't like me as more than a friend?"

He looked up at me biting his lip holding his hand out for me o help him up. Grabbing his hand I pulled him up and he dusted himself off.

"Let's go get that ice cream now." I said awkwardly and began walking leaving him behind. Speaking of behind, someone decided to touch mine. I spun around grabbing his arm pinning it behind his back.

"There was dirt on your shorts! I promise!" I twisted around and checked if there was any dirt and he was right. My butt was covered in dirt. 

Why did I have to wear white shorts today? Luckily Jin was wearing a flannel and he took it off and tied it around me at my hips so it covered my butt. It conveniently went with my outfit.

When we arrived at the ice cream place, Jin and I were back to the normal friendship that we had. An old couple walked by and smiled sweetly at us on our way in.

"Welcome to the Chocolate Moose, what can I get you?" The worker asked, it was Jake from the school, Mr.Popular gay guy everyone loves.

I looked at Jin as he ordered his, "I'll have a Moose Chocolate sundae with hot fudge and whipped cream, and she'll have a Blissful Rose Chai Frappe, large."

He remembered my favorite thing...