Chapter 16

Kitty's POV

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why do I fall in love when i see someone's face? I would look at someone cute and automatically love them. I love them before I learn their personalities.  It's like my weakness." I explain to Joey. "Kitty c'mon. Meg probably loves you too." "That's not the problem though. The problem is i need to actually meet people before loving them." "Why? Does Meg not hold up to your standards?" "What's that supposed to mean?" "Nothing...why are you saying all these things? I thought you and Meg were going good." "Yeah, we were. Until Saturday, when i took her on a date." "Explain." "I drove up to her house and i knocked on her door. I brought a flower because i wanted her to keep it. I stand there for a while and then i hear the front door unlock. Some girl answers the door. 'Hello? Who are you?' i see Meg standing behind this woman mouthing 'not a date.' So i told this woman at the door that we're going to go study. Meg shoves past the woman and closes the door. She explains that it's her sister and that she hasn't told her family about us dating." "Kitty, if you don't get to the good part soon..." "Fine. So she hops in the car and i take her to a cafe. I order myself a latte and i ask what she wants. Meg says 'I don't like coffee' so i ordered her a milkshake and a muffin. We sit down at a table and start talking. I decide to take the conversation further and ask her a bunch of personal questions. What i found out is crazy. Her parents passed away awhile ago. Her dad of cancer and her mom due to suicide. So her sister watches over her and her little brother. She has lots of mental problems too...Her life is very depressing. I ended up moving my chair next to her instead of sitting across from her. I hugged her and almost refused to let go. Meg's life made me want to cry. She told me not to worry and that she had ways to get over it. At first, i didn't worry. Her saying that made me wonder though. There are very few ways I know how to get through bad times. So i try to hint about the ways i know. First way was music. So i asked about her favorite music, singer, bands, all that good stuff. The second way...food! So i told her my favorite food and she told her hers. Then the third. The most depressing way. Cutting. Once i thought about that way, i noticed how much she wears long sleeves. I got scared. I also wondered if i'm dating an emo but that's beside the point. When she wasn't paying attention, i pulled up her sleeve an saw her arm. Meg's arm was clean. She looked at me like i was crazy. She got really mad. She screamed. I've never...ever...heard her scream. Meg gets out of her seat and walks out of the cafe. I chase after her. I yell her name and she turns around. 'What are you so mad about?' 'You pulled down my sleeve!' 'SO?!' At that moment, i saw. I saw something on her other arm. She grabs her other arm. I walk up to her and take her arm. I hold it tight. 'WHAT THE FUCK KITTY?!' I squeezed her arm more. She starts trying to bend and twist to get out my grip. I pull up her sleeve all the way up to her shoulder. At this point, she stops squirming. All the way up her arm, almost to her shoulder, are cuts. Huge gashes. Some new, some faded, some small, some open. It was insane...i let go and she runs. I can't run after her because i was frozen with shock." "KITTY?!" Joey says very loudly. Don't cry...don't cry Kitty. "How COULD you?! Who does that?!" Kitty...not now. Don't cry now. My eyes start to sting. "Kitty, you just asked her out the other day. It's too early in the relationship to pull this kind of shit." Stop crying Kitty. Stop. You show weakness when you cry. "I mean really Kitty. I wouldn't even do that, and i know nothing about relationships." I don't think he can see you. Just keep lowering your head for he can't see your tears. "Kitty?" Don't look up at him Kitty..."Oh...I'm so sorry...Kitty?" I look up. That was a mistake. 

-So sorry about another long ass chapter. I got really involved in this chapter and i wanted it to end on a little bit of a cliff hanger-