Act XIV: The Raven's Approach

Jericho shot awake panting as his body recovered from being knocked unconscious. He flexed his hands regaining mobility and strength then moved onto his legs. His vision finally focused and his thought process finally regained focus, but when he did he became extremely confused. He found that he was not on the roof with Xekiel anymore, nor in the street where he'd thought he have been left.

He found himself sitting in a rather comfortable bed, tucked in between fine silky sheets and the plush mattress. He was no longer in his street clothes that he wore not too long ago, instead he was in loose blue lounge attire. His other clothes were neatly foded on a chair on the right wall of the square room, in which he sat.

On the left wall was an open door revealing a large tub, hinting at a bathroom. A dresser sat beside a closed door directly in front of him. Another closed door stood on the right wall. A window sat on either side of his bed with the curtains drawn over them to hide the sun light. It was a smaller room, but a rather cozy room.

"Glad to know you yet walk among us," a voice came to him in his head.

Jericho looked around starttled by the sudden voice and gritted his teeth.

"My apologies," the voice came again. "I guess I should have introduced myself in person. I didn't mean to startle you."

Jericho said nothing, just moved his eyes slowly over his surroundings furrowing his brow in suspicion.

"I promise you are safe and in good hands," the voice explained. "We found you lying in the street and saw no option but to bring you back here. We even washed your clothes for you. Your necklace is safe, but I took the liberty of purifying the smell. It will be returned to you when you wish, I just didn't know if you wanted to hang it up or something."

"Who are you?" Jericho said aloud.

"My name is Lucius," Lucius' voice said. "I was the one in the black coat that butted my nose into that little spat you were having. Apologies if you felt threatened by me, I only meant to help."

Jericho said nothing but breathed slowly and deeply calming himself. He related the events through his head till he caught up with himself then sat up straight and gave a deep sigh.

"You aren't confined to that room, by the way," Lucius' voice explained. "It was the first available room that our host suggested. If you want to leave you may, but I would like to ask you a few questions concerning the blonde haired boy that ran after you. I'm in the gardens just behind the mansion. You can see me if you look out either of the windows in your room."

Jericho got up from the bed and hesitantly made his way over to the window. He drew back the curtain and peered outside into the gardens. The flora distracted him for a time, an assortment of colors and weaving vines took his eyes all over the lush garden enclosed in a rectangular covered walkway. It had been so long since Jericho had laid his eyes on such sights. He had honestly forgotten what a flower looked like.

As his eyes wandered, they finally fell upon the black haired man sitting in a rod-iron chair in a long black trench coat. His eyes met Jericho's and a smile drifted across his face. He waved to Jericho before taking a drag on a cigarette he held between his fingers, but the boy only tilted his head ever so slightly at him. Lucius sat at a small table of the same material as his chair accompanied by two lovely women.

Jericho let the curtain sway closed and he turned to his clothes. He took off his shirt first, but stopped when he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He starred hard and long at the markings that took up his entire chest stopping just below his pectorals. He ran a fingers over the markings and he was reminded of his pain, but his face did not change.