Act VIII: An Attempt at Quiet

"No, father, please," the blonde haired boy muttered fear stricken in his eyes. His pale white skin began to fade to a fleshy pigment as sweat rolled profusely from his pours, breathing heavily. His once crazed ember flushed eyes reverted back to pupil and retina.

His father limped closer to him blood trickling from his lips as a compressed sphere of deadly crimson energy swirled at the tips of his fingers. A gored wound spurt blood with every step he took in his upper groin. The wound spiraled like from a beast's horn.

"I'm sorry my son," the faint eyed father stammered, "You have left me no other choice!"

Closing his eyes and looking away he let the swirling power fly from his fingertips at his son. The blonde haired boy's eyes grew wide horrified with fear and suddenly froze in the wake of his death. His joints locked and the ringing in his ears grew to an ear shattering tone and suddenly from over it came the familiar screech that had haunted him since birth.

The ghostly white façade, the skeletal form, the flaring golden eyes, the red markings, the hole, the hole that drove straight through the demon's chest slithered towards him. The haunting eyes drew him in like the priceless jewels of some king. Fool's gold shone in it's eyes.

The boy looked again seeing the blast nearing him and then again to the façade before him, its mouth leaking ghastly fumes of smoke; it reached out to touch him with its sickly fingers. Upon contact, everything went black. And he was gone.

--

Sirenia strode down the main hall of the demon citadel towards the throne room clad in her long blue cloak with the hood down. Her long hair drifted from side to side as she approached the doors alone. Her expression set stern as her jaw with burning blue eyes. She came to the door and without a moment's hesitation forced it back and strode into the room.

Her eyes went wide as they fell on the throne but not on the face she was expecting. "Where is father?" she asked.

Shari reclined across the arm rests of the throne his tail flicking about near the ground holding a fire stick between his gnarly teeth with a devilish smirk. "Gone on a short leave of absence to clear his head," Shari replied.

Sirenia scowled at him, "what is that supposed to mean?"

Shari threw his legs up and over the arm rest so he sat forward on the throne. His eyes were keen and sharp piercing into Sirenia, but she held her own. "It means, he's not here," Shari replied with a grin. In a moment he stood behind Sirenia running a finger over her cheek as he paced around her. "I am in charge till he returns, and believe me, I will make a few changes around her my dear little princess."

Sirenia moved ever so slightly but just enough to let his finger drop from her cheek. She glared at Shari with a hateful expression, loathing the look in his eyes, the hungry, lustful look. Ever since Avekon had disappeared and Axel sealed away, he had been acting very strangely, almost as if he knew what was going to happen next. Sirenia shook away this paranoia and turned back to the door.

Shari stood very close behind her, almost in contact with her. He spoke with a certain hiss and smoothness to his voice it was both haunting and alluring. "Be careful where you tread, little princess," he cooed letting his serpentine tongue trail the tip of her left ear before stepping back and striding to the throne, "you won't know who you can trust soon enough."

Sirenia held herself back just barely from throwing a decisive punch to his face for that obscene gesture.  She glared at him for a long moment before abruptly turning and briskly exiting the throne room. She strode down the hall until she came to her room slamming the door behind her. She heaved a heavy breath releasing her anxiety and built up rage.