I sit down at my desk, staring at my feet. Too much had happened today – too many emotions had happened. I was nervous before the double date, I was happy during the date and having fun. Zayn came and it changed to worry but quickly switched to anger resulting in our fight. I was hurt during the fight by his words and quickly shot hurtful things back at him. Then he called, Matt...

My chest was hurting, it felt like a clamp was tightening around it with every passing second. I fold my arms and rub my fingers between my eyes. Shutting my eyes tightly, I try to clear my mind. No such luck though.

When I manage not to think about Matt I think about Zayn. When I can get Zayn off my mind Matt comes rushing back in. I open my eyes and reach for my phone and quickly dial Sarah's number. After the first three rings she answers with her chirping voice,

"Hello?"

"Sare, I really need you right now." I say with desperation.

"Are you okay?" Her voice rushes.

"Yeah I just... I really need you here right now." I needed her here with me. My rock for when things got crazy - especially with Matt.

"Of course, I'm headed back right now." She replies before she hangs up. I take a deep breath and swallow. I was meeting Matt tomorrow, he was coming to town to talk to me. Did he want to catch up? Did something happen? Why...

Why did he want to talk to me? Why now? Why was he coming now? Was it because of Sarah's party? It's probably not good – I recall him looking angry at Sarah when I escaped with Jeremy.

That all seemed long ago, before Erica, before the fight... Why did I agree to meet him? What was wrong with me?

"Jules?" I turn to Sarah and realize I had been sitting in thought for about a half hour. "Are you alright?" Her blue eyes are wide and examine me quickly – over and over again. I shake my head,

"Matt called me." My voice is small and raspy.

"Matt?" Her eyes widen and her eyebrows rise. She sets all her stuff down and takes off her jacket. She pulls up her chair next to mine and takes my hands in hers. "He called you?" She's shocked – as shocked as I was.

I can't find my voice at the moment so I settle for a small nod of my hair. She glances around the room and turns on a few more lights that grow bright.

"What did he want?" Her voice rushed as she watches me. "Did he say something to you? What happened?" her questions coming out rushed – adding to my stress and thoughts. Now I know how Zayn must feel when I bombard him with my questions.

"I... He didn't say much. He just wants to meet tomorrow and talk." I mumble with my steady voice. I can't feel emotion right now – I wasn't sure what to feel with everything happening. With all that has happened today.

"He wants to meet tomorrow and talk?" her voice raising with anger and surprise. "Why?"

"Beats me." I laugh lightly, beginning to clear my head slightly. "Should I go?" I ask. She bites her lip as she watches me. Debating what to say to me. I knew whatever her answer was I was going to end up going.

He wanted to see me, and some part of me wanted to see him. I missed him despite what he had done to me. We grew up together and whether we dated or not – he was part of my life. Since I avoided him at the party I realized that I did want to eventually talk to him. I just didn't think it would be now.

"No." Her answer is short. "I mean Jules, the guy cheated on you." She reminds lightly. "He has no right to call you up and cause you to leave your double date because you're delirious!" She exclaims.