Part 14:The Fourth Hokage

Começar do início

"As you both know I'm getting too old for this," Hiruzen turns away from the window.

"Sensei?" Tsunade asks confused.

"Too put it another way I'm retiring. The search for a new Hokage has already been put in motion and you two made the possible candidates list," he points at the the paper in the Anbu member's hand.

"But we both can't be Hokage?" Tsunade folds her arms.

"Before we get to that I've to explain why both of you were chosen," Hiruzen sits down his old age showing.

"Tsunade you are the best medical-nin in the world. You basically embody medicine and strength. Not to mention you are one of the Legendary Sannin and your medical expertise was partially involved in winning the war," Hiruzen takes a deep breath.

"Dan you are a man of great wisdom and posses great skill. You truly believe in justice and protecting your village and people. You think like a Hokage does even stating you would die for your village," Lord Third sits back in his chair.

"But two Hokage?" Tsunade sighs.

"Don't rush,my former student,I've but one question," he smokes his pipe once more.

"Yes?"

"Which one of you is going to accept? You must solve this matter amongst yourselves," he eyes them sharp.

Tsunade never wanted to be Hokage but it's a dream Dan and Nawaki share. She expressed her faith by giving them both her grandfather's necklace and a kiss to the forehead. Dan now wears the neckless around his neck.

Dan on the other hand longed to be Hokage. It is his dream. To be Hokage that is my dream. He's wanted it since his sister died and even more when he learned of Nawaki's death. But could he really be Hokage and raise a family?

"Sir I," he looks at the paper in Tsunade's hand before making eye contact with her "choose my family."

"But Dan," Tsunade begins confused,"being Hokage is your dream."

"I know but times change," he smiles at her.

"I don't understand?" She frowns.

"You've become my dream Tsunade and I'd rather spend time with you and our unborn child than being Hokage. I can protect the village in another way," he takes her hand smiling warm.

"First of all congratulations and second so both of you decline?" Hiruzen sighs deep.

"I'm sorry sensei but we will protect the village in another way," Tsunade smiles.

Hiruzen nods with a slight smile granting them time to take their leave. They both leave Dan quietly closing the door behind him.

"Guess that only leaves us with one-Minato Namikaze," Hiruzen sighs smoking more.

        Sometime later ...

Tsunade and Dan walk through the streets of Konoha hand in hand. Even though he had no idea what the papers mean he couldn't stop looking at it.

"How far along are you,Tsuna?" He asks curious.

"Two weeks but it's only after twelve weeks that you can be certain of a baby," she sighs.

"Don't look so worried I'm sure that we will have a kid," he nudges her friendly.

Unexpectedly Minato appears in front of them a broad smile on his face.

"Congratulations to the both of you," he smiles bright.

"Thank you," Tsunade smiles.

"Thanks to you two I got the job and I just wanted to thank you," he nods.

"Congratulations Minato we are sure that you will be a great Hokage and serve your village well," Dan nods polite.

"Would you two care to celebrate with me and Kushina?" He asks warm.

"Where is Kushina?" Tsunade asks looking around.

"Over there," he points at Ichiraku,"but she doesn't know yet."

"We'd love to," Tsunade smiles.

The three of them enter Ichiraku. Dan and Minato allow Tsunade to go in first standing aside. They follow after her making their way over to Kushina.

"Hello Dear," Kushina greets Minato friendly.

"I hope you don't mind but I brought some company," he chuckles nervous.

"Not at all," she smiles back.

"Well I believe you know Lady Tsunade and Dan right?"

"Oh yes technically we are related," she laugh.

"Hello Kushina," Tsunade greets smiling.

"Milady," Kushina smiles back.

"Hello Kushina," Dan greets her while sitting down next to Tsunade.

"So what did Lord Third want?" Kushina asks curious.

"Oh that well,I'm going to be the next Hokage," he smiles nervous.

"Really!? Congratulations," she hugs him tight.

"Its all thanks to them," Minato hugs back looking over her shoulder.

"Huh? How?" She asks confused.

"Well it's not my place to tell you," he smiles.

"How Tsunade?" Kushina turns to face her.

"Well," she looks at Dan smiling,"I'm pregnant and Dan chose to be with his family instead of being Hokage."

"A baby!? Congratulations!" She hugs Tsunade.

"Thank you Kushina," Tsunade hesitates but hugs back.

"Well how about we order some food?" Minato asks.

All four of them order ramen. Simultaneously they all say thank you for the food separating the chopsticks from each other. After their meal they spend sometime chatting before they all head back to their homes.

And so Minato took the mantle of Hokage becoming Konoha's fourth Hokage.