Chapter 8 Deleted Scene

I owned every second

That this world could give

I led Rae out to the screened in sunroom that's connected to the back of my house. She breaks away from me, standing on far side of the room. It may be dark, only with the light from the bug zapper provided in the corner, but I can still see her tiny clothing, barely covering her.

That's why I brought her out here. When I saw her, I could hardly recognize her if it wasn't for her red hair and smile. I've never thought I'd see her dressed like this and yet she is in front of me wearing it. And, for some unexplainable reason, it annoys me.   

"You wanted to talk?" She asks, blinking.

"Yeah," I struggle to say, distracted by the navel ring that hangs down to the hem of her shorts. "What the hell are you wearing?"

I can tell this isn't what she was expecting, her eyes going wide then finding her shoes. "You don't like it?"

My mouth snaps shut, completely taken back now. My eyes are wide and watching her like she just spoke Yiddish. She did this for me? But that makes no sense, I barely know her, I like to push buttons I'm not suppose to and pushing hers are fun. I invited Rae to see if she'd actually come, or if her Mummy and Daddy would keep her home. Did she lie to them? Mostly likely, yes. I couldn't imagine her walking out of a big, white house with those clothes and her parents approving of her coming to a party like this with people like me.

But why did she dress up for me?

"You know what, I shouldn't have even come here," she heave a sighs, rolling her hazel eyes. She opens her mouth like she should say more, but with a shake of her head, she starts for the door behind me.

Wait. "Where are you going?" I catch her arm as she passes.

"Away from here," she retorts.

"But you just got here." Did I say something wrong? Who the hell knows, no one understands a woman's brain, sometimes not even the woman.

"It was a mistake," she mutters. She doesn't move, and when I realise my hold on her didn't let up, I slowly let go, my fingers brushing the length of her arm.

I sighed when the door closed and I was left alone. She really just left. Rae just left. It's not that I'm surprised really, but...who does that? I've never been to a party and left just as soon as I got there unless it sucked. This party is nowhere near ending; they haven't even started passing around the drugs yet.

My shoulder makes contact with one of the supporting beams as I pull out my packet of smokes. God, Rae can make my head spin in circles with her logic sometimes. Almost any woman does. Smoking helps relieve the dizziness, calming me as I breathe in the toxins.

They say smoking is bad for you, which does make sense, but in times like these I want to young, I want to live recklessly and enjoy my last few years of carelessness. I'll deal with the consequences later when I have the time for it.

The cigarette slowly burned out, smouldering into a bud, so I threw it down and stepped the light out. I am the host of the party, time to make another appearance. I bounce on the balls of my feet, loosening my arms, and popping my knuckles. With a final run of my hand through my hair, I push through the door back inside.

I nod to the few people I pass in the kitchen who refill their drinks ─ and I don't know any of them. I mainly let Niall and Louis, two of the people I've met in this town and actually haven't hated (probably because they think like me), handle the guest list. They promised to make sure there are no draggers are invited and I trusted them because they knew more people than me so they would know who to invite.