Chapter 15: New house

Winter's POV

I drove to a bunch of local apartment places. They were all so expensive. There's no way I can afford to live in one of these. I sat back in the car seat and began to cry. Where am I going to go? I have no where to live! I started to just drive. I didn't know where I was going. I just drove. I stopped in an empty parking lot. I guess I'll just have to sleep in my car tonight. I looked at my phone to check the time but it was dead. I put my seat down and took a pillow and blanket out of my suitcase. I wrapped the blanket around me since it was pretty cold and I couldn't leave my car running all night for heat.

Demi's POV

I woke up the next morning at 6:30. I don't know why I got up early but I couldn't fall back asleep. I threw on some clothes and did my hair and makeup. Maybe I'll go to Winter's house. She's probably up for school. I got in my car and drove to her apartment. When I got there, her car wasn't there. There was only a sign on the lawn that said 'For Sale'. What the fuck? Why is Winter selling her apartment? I took out my phone and called her. It went straight to voice mail. I'll just go to her school. Maybe she's there already. When I got there, I went inside and found the office. "Hi, uh is Winter here?" I asked the lady at the front desk.

"Winter..in 12th grade?"

"Yes."

"No, I'm sorry. She dropped out last week."

"Um ok thanks." I said as I turned around and walked out. Winter told me she was going to school today. Why would she lie? And why didn't she tell me she dropped out? So many questions were running through my head as I got in my car. I started to drive to my house. I decided to take the short cut through the abandoned parking lot next to South street. As I was driving, I noticed a car actually parked in the lot. That's strange. I drove closer and noticed it was Winter's car. I quickly pulled into the spot next to it and got out. I walked closer to the driver side and saw Winter sitting in there, crying. I ran up and tried to open the door but it was locked. I knocked on the window and Winter looked up at me with tear stained cheeks. "Please open the door!" I yelled through the glass. Winter unlocked and opened the door. Before I could hug her she jumped out of the car, into my arms and cried harder. I rubbed her back in an attempt to calm her down. And it worked. Within minutes her breathing regulated and she wasn't crying as much. I felt her body relax and she let go. "Winter, what happened?" I asked as I looked into her red and puffy eyes.

"I was kicked out of my apartment. I couldn't live there alone, they said I was too young. And I can't afford to live anywhere else." She said. Her voice was shaky.

"Come live with me."

"No, I couldn't."

"It wasn't a question. I'm not going to let you live in your car."

"But-" I cut her off.

"No buts. Let's go back to my- I mean our house and we can talk more there." Winter got back in her car and I got in mine. We drove to our house and went inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

please comment and vote!!!