Chapter 1: They first meet

Winter's POV

My name's Winter. I'm 18, I'm a senior in high school. I work at Starbucks during the day on the weekends and some nights during the week. I still live with my parents because I don't have enough money to live on my own yet. My mom works at a nursing home and my dad's a mailman. We don't have a lot of money so we live in a small apartment.

Today I got up around 7am and took a quick shower. I curled my hair and put my work clothes on. I skipped breakfast and went out to my car. It wouldn't start. "Dammit!" I yelled as I slammed my fist on the dashboard. After a few tries, my car finally started and I went to work. When I got there I was horribly greeted by my boss, Richard, "Winter, you're late! Again!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry, my car wouldn't start." I said.

"I don't want your excuses. Stay an hour late today, without pay."

"What?! You can't do that!" I argued.

"I can do whatever I want! Now get to work or I'll add another hour!" I rolled my eyes and went over to the register. I hate my boss so much. He's such a dick. I started taking orders. I noticed a lot of people screaming and gathering outside, I wonder what's going on. I saw two people push through. There was a man and a women. The women was wearing skinny jeans, and a jacket with sunglasses and a hat. The man seemed to be protecting her. They came in the shop and approached the counter. The women took off her glasses and hat. Her beautiful blonde hair flowed perfectly and her brown eyes sparkled. "Hello!" She said cheerfully. I didn't answer. I couldn't stop starring at her, she was so beautiful. "Hello?" She repeated as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry. What can I get you?" I said.

"I'd like a grande iced white chocolate mocha."

"What kind of milk would you like in that?"

"non-fat milk."

"Would you like whipped cream?"

"Yes please."

"Name please."

"Demi." The women said. I wrote her name on the cup. It was a familiar name to me but I didn't know where I had heard it before.

"And I'll have an iced caffè latte with whole milk and no whipped cream please." The man said.

"Ok and your name please."

"Max." He said as I wrote it on his cup.

"Alright, that will be $8.75." Demi handed me the money then her and Max sat down at a table. I made their drinks and brought it over to them.