Chapter 7

I am awoken again by the door softly opening and shutting. I'm drowned by the wonderful scent of pine and citrus, the scent of my mate. I peep my head out of the covers but luckily he is looking at the door, probably still hoping he hadn't woke me. I laid my head black down on the pillow and tried to go back to sleep. Praying he had just come in to here to check on me and then leave. But my prayers are not answered when I feel the bed dip down beside me and feeling sparks when my mate pulls me closer into his bare chest. I decide not to fight him because then he would know I'm awake and get mad at me. And there nothing worse than a mad alpha.

His hands play with my hair and his thumbs rub small circles on my hips. I put my hands onto his bare chest and put my head in the crook of his neck. I feel sparks explode all over my body at his touch. "Nice to know your awake" he chuckled. Pulling me even closer if that was even possible. I groan as he tries to move me. I had just gotten comfortable being close to him. Plus it was cold in her and he was a great source of warmth. He stopped chuckling and I got scared. What did I do wrong? Did I make him mad at me? Is he gonna hurt me? Is he gonna kick me out?

All the possibilities ran through my head about what was about to happen. I did my best to prepare for the worst. I felt his hand on my arm. The one I had cut. He let out a low growl and tears gathered in my eyes. 'Great no he's gonna reject me and I'm gonna die in the woods' I thought in my head. "Why did you do this" he asked. I looked into his eyes and saw confusion, hurt, anger, and sadness. I looked at the cuts on my arm. 'I did it cuz I hate myself, cuz I have nothing to live for anymore, I can't even eat food' I thought to myself. I wanted to tell him but I couldn't. I couldn't talk and if I wrote it down and told him the truth he would reject me.

I surprised myself with what I did next. "I'm sorry" I hoarsely whispered. But I knew he heard it when shock covered his face. I had just talked for the first time in almost over eleven years. Sure my voice was weak but I actually talked and I felt a little bit better about myself. But that doesn't fix the fact Kaden was mad at me. I felt the hot tears in my eyes as I pulled my sleeve back over the cuts I had inflicted. "Why did you do this" he asked again. Being an alpha I knew he wouldn't stop asking until I answered him. "Because, I hate myself. I'm worthless" I whispered as a few tears slipped down my face. "To me your perfect beautiful" he said softly, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

I turned away from him and wiggles to my side of the bed. But he just pulled me back into his chest. I tried to move away a few more times but he would just chuckle and pull me back into his chest. I sighed and just cuddled up close to him. He started drawing patterns on my back and I just enjoyed the feeling. I put my head back into the crook of his neck."Beautiful, never cut yourself again ok?" He asked moving me so I was looking into his eyes. I nodded and let out a small ok. But I wasn't sure if he heard me. Then I put my head into the crook of his neck once again and wrapped my legs around him. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist. Like he was afraid of losing me. And we fell asleep, tangled up in each other's arms. And for once in my entire life, I was completely happy.

A/n I know this is a shorter chapter but it's night. So I wasn't about to make the stay up all night talking about there feelings. They were both tired so they both slept. You know you would sleep to if you were tired.