Chapter 4

His next three words shocked me. "Look up beautiful" he said in his deep sexy voice. I know most people say the mate bond makes people feel safe and calm around there mate. But I was scared. I had had no human contact for eleven years and now I was being confronted by an alpha. Who just so happened to also be my mate. If he rejected me, being an small omega, I would probably die afterwards. However it would do no good to disobey an alpha. So hesitantly I took my head away from my arms and stared at the ground in front of my feat.

Being an omega in my old pack I was two ugh the to never ever make eye contact. I only made the mistake of doing that once. All it did was earn me a long scar on my side. Another one of the rules was to never speak to a pack member. I was not even allowed to talk to other omegas. I couldn't be in the same room as a pack warrior. To be in the same room as a Luna, alpha, beta, or gamma was unthinkable. But now my mate was an alpha, and he was standing right in front of me.

"Look at me beautiful" he said gently. I realized he had removed his hand from my arm. I was glad, it had made me uncomfortable. No one except my aunt Kathy ever showed me any affection. I looked up at him to see his aqua eyes staring directly into my dull forest green ones. I watched as his eyes moved from my eyes to the scar that ran along my cheek. He had not seen it in the woods because it was covered in dirt from when I face planted into the ground.

He slowly reached his hand out to my cheek but I flinched away. I didn't do it on purpose, but out of instinct. I could see the hurt in his eyes and felt bad. I knew it was mostly because of the mate bond though. "What's your name beautiful" he asked. I grabbed the notepad and pen from my hoodie pocket and scribbled my name. Emmeline. "What's your full name beautiful" he asked again. This time instead of writing on a new line I just wrote my middle and last name behind my first name. After I was done the name Emmeline Rose Johnson was scribbled in sloppy writing on the notepad.

He looked confused as to why I was writing on the notepad instead of talking. After a few minutes of silence he asked " Are you mute." I nodded my head and looked down at the ground again. He sighed and lifted my head up again to look into his eyes. "I'm Kace" he said softly. Just then Anna walked back into the hall with a plate of food.

She looked at me and smiled seeing me next to her brother, my mate. "I hope you like pancakes" Anna said showing me the plate of food. "Why didn't you go into the dining hall"Kace asked me looking confused. I looked at Anna giving her a look that told her to explain. "She told me she could not go in there. I don't know why she couldn't. Maybe there was just to many people for her liking. It's gonna take some time for her to adjust" Anna explained. Guessing about the reason I can't go in there. But she said adjust like they were planning on keeping me here. I couldn't stay here. I wasn't suited for life in a pack. I learned that years ago.

Kace sighed before looking back to Anna. "Take her back to her room. I have work to do" he said emotionlessly. I was amazed by how he could go from loving and gentle to cold and emotionless so quickly. I watched as he walked down the hallways. Anna sighed,"follow me. He will probably be back to visit you later. She didn't say anything else so I started a conversation with my wolf, Belle.

Belle. Emmeline
He's just going to reject us
No he won't. I have a good feeling about him.
We're just mute omegas. He's a powerful alpha. How could this ever work out?
Fate paired the two of us together. We're bound to be the Luna of this pack.
What if Fate made a mistake?
Emmeline, Fate doesn't make mistakes

I sighed and we stopped talking as we arrived at the room I was in earlier. "You stay here and eat I have some things to go do" Anna said with a small smile. I walked in and she closed the door behind her. I was fine with being alone in the room. But I wasn't fine with the fact she locked me in here.