Chapter 3

When I wake up I'm in a soft, warm, comfortable bed. It's very large with a gray and white comforter. I haven't been in a real bed for ages. Actually I haven't been in a house for ages. A take a moment to look at my surroundings. The walls are a light grey with white trim. The floor is white carpet that looks like it's never seen a speck of dust. There is a fireplace on the wall opposite of the bed.It has a roaring fire that warms the whole room. There are three doors in the room. One must lead to the hall away and the other two to a bathroom and closet.

I crawled out of the bed and realized I was dressed in bright blue silk shorts and a white silk tank top. My bare feet appreciated the soft feeling of the carpet beneath them. I walked across the room and opened one of the doors. It revealed a large walk in closet with clothes that were all my size. I grabbed a pair of jean shorts, a pink hoodie, and black undergarments. I walked to the fair that was closest to the closet to reveal a large bathroom. The tile was black, the counters were black with intricate gold designs, the marble countertops contained two sinks.

The shower was huge. It was white tile with gold faucets. There were girl shampoos and soaps. I was a little uncomfortable with the thought of who changed me into the silk pajamas though. I turned on the shower and grabbed a towel hanging it on the rack by the shower. Then I stripped of the silk pajamas and climbed in the shower. It had been 11 years since I had had a proper shower. I always took baths in the icy river even in the winter time.

I quickly showered and turned off the water and grabbed the towel and patted myself dry. I climbed out and put the clothes I had picked out on. Then I went through the drawers and found a hairbrush. I ran it through the many knots and tangles on my hair. Then I quickly braided it down my back. I stared in the mirror at the scar that was on my right cheek. I felt a tear run down my face at the memory of how I got it. It was the same day I lost my aunt.
Then it hit me.

Today was the day my aunt Kathy died.

I let the tears fall as I recalled what happened. I walked back out and burrowed my head into one of the soft pillows. For the first time in years I didn't try to even stop the tears. I was mute, ugly, weak, worthless, alone, broken, and in a place I didn't know. After a while I heard the door slowly creak open. Revealing a girl about my age. She had dark black hair and aqua eyes identical to the alphas I ran into yesterday. I realized my leg was healed faster than usual.

My wounds have never healed that quickly before. "Hello" the girl at the door said with a bright smile. "I'm Anna" she said allowing herself into the room. We stared at each other for a minute. Then her smile fell. "Well aren't you gonna tell me your name" she asked tilting her head. I looked around trying to spot a price of paper and something to write with. After seeing nothing I held out my hand in front of me using a finger to scribble back and forth. "You need paper and a pen" Anna asked. I nodded my head.

"I'll be right back" she said before turning around and leaving the room.  After a few minutes Anna came back with a notepad and pen. I did my best to write neatly but I have not wrote anything since I was seven. I can't speak. I scribbled on the notepad. "You can't speak. Why not?" She said. I'm mute. I wrote beneath the first line. "Well what's your name" Anna asked pointing to the notepad. Emmeline. "That's a beautiful name" I just smiled at Anna. She seemed nice, but I wasn't about to trust her. I learned not to trust anyone. "Are you hungry" Anna asked. I nodded. The closest thing I could do to speaking was writing or nodding or shaking my head. "Follow me" she gestured for me to follow her.

Wait there actually gonna let me out. I knew it would be stupid to run, but I just wanted to go back to the forest. Sure Anna was nice right now. But she was the alphas sister and would never associate herself with a rogue omega like myself. I would be beaten and abused once again. Then I would have to run away again. Although I already planned to do that when the time was right.

I slipped the notepad and pen in my hoodie pocket noticing I was still carrying them. I followed Anna down staircases and long hallways. After a minute I smelled the delicious scent I smelled in the woods. And also food. My mouth started watering from the smell of food. But my stomach erupted into a zoo when I smelt the delicious scent. It was a manly scent that I couldn't describe.

Anna led me into a large dining hall. I saw all the people and stopped dead in my tracks. Then I turned in my heel and walked back the way we came. "Emmeline come back here" Anna said grabbing my wrist. I turned around and looked at her like she was crazy. Was she trying to get me killed I can't go in there, they would rip me apart. "What's wrong" she asked. I pointed at my chest, shook my head, then pointed at the dining hall. "You can't go in there" she asked for confirmation. I nodded. She sighed looking at me with pity. "You stay here I'll be right back" she said before heading back into the dining hall. I sighed and slumped against the wall, pulling my knees to my chest and burying my head in them.

I noticed the smell from the woods coming closer before I was practically drowning in it. But I was not complaining it was a heavenly scent I could never describe. Then I felt sparks shoot through my body when someone touched my upper arm. I knew it was my mate so I just buried my head deeper into my arms. Not looking up at the sexy alpha that would reject me as his mate. His next three words shocked me.