(3) number fifteen

(Harry's POV)

"Hello Louis, it's nice to meet you. I'm Dr. Styles."

I shook his hand and sat in my chair, rolling over to the computer with all of his information on it. I look up at Olivia and smile, asking her if she saw any areas of concern. She slid a sticky note to me with a few teeth wrote down and a note saying, "he is super nervous, be nice ♡." I laughed and stuck my tongue out at her, whispering, "I'm always nice." I looked at his x-rays and saw the same areas Olivia did. She's the best hygienist I could ever ask for. I rolled back to the side of the chair Louis was in.

"Are you having any problems with your teeth?"

(Louis' POV)

"Well... one of my back molars hurt pretty bad."

"Number 15, Dr. Styles," I heard Olivia say. Before I knew it I was on the way back down, the chair going backwards making me feel like I'm about to fall out.  Dr. Styles smiled at me before putting his masks and gloves on. "Don't worry, everything's going to be fine. I'm not going to hurt you." It was strange but I kinda believed him. The light came on and I closed my eyes.

"Okay, Louis. You can open your mouth whenever you're ready." I slowly opened, breathing heavily as he stuck the cold mirror and explorer into my mouth. I heard him mumble a few things but I blocked it out for the most part. He was getting closer to the tooth that has been bothering me, number fifteen aparently. I was shocked when he didn't even touch it. I smiled at him, silently thanking him for not causing me any more pain. Once he was done he removed his tools from my mouth and sat me up. He took off his mask and gloves and ran his fingers through his curly hair. He had a nervous look on his face. I suddenly started to feel the same way he looked.

"So, you do have a couple of cavities. Some of them are between your teeth and some are on the biting surface. The one on your top left has a pretty big cavity on it. I'm going to try and fill it for you, but I need to let you know that if it is too close to the nerve of your tooth it will need a root canal and crown. Don't worry, we will cross that bridge when we get there. For now, let's just get you scheduled to get it fixed. It is the most important, we will worry about the other little cavities later."

All I could do was nod my head. I didn't know what to think, really. I was to scared to think. I shook his hand and he left the room. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up and see Olivia with a concerned look on her face.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to explain anything better? He's pretty straight to the point with things."

"I have never had a filling before. I don't know what to expect. Obviously needles on my body aren't a big deal to me but I've never had one in my mouth. I don't want to know everything he has to do, it will make me worry more."

She takes the napkin off of me and hands me a bag with a new toothbrush in it. 

"I understand. It won't be bad at all, Dr. Styles is great. He has done work on me and it was totally pain free."

That makes me feel better. If she trusts him maybe I should too.

(Olivia's POV)

I just lied straight to Louis' face. Harry has never done work on me. Not because I don't trust him, just because I'm just as scared as everyone else. No one, not even Liam, knows that. How stupid would it sound for a dental hygienist to be scared of the dentist? Harry has never mentioned me getting my teeth cleaned here so I won't mention it either. I mean, I am the only hygienist here.

I gave Louis a hug because it looked like he needed one. I walked him out to Niall so he could get his fillings scheduled.

"Thanks O! I'll get Mr. Tomlinson set up as soon as possible."

"Thank you! Have a good day Louis, we will see you soon...right?"

He laughed and nodded. I walked back into my room to start cleaning it up and Harry walked in.

"Don't you have work to do Dr. Styles?" Flirting with him was too much fun. He smirked and grabbed my dirty instruments for me. He took them to the sterilization room and came back to wipe down my chair while I typed Louis' note into the computer.

"Thanks. What's gotten into you?"

"I'm serious about hanging out tonight, O. I'll pick you up at 7." He walked out of the room immediately. Thank goodness because I had the biggest smile on my face and he can't know how excited I am.