VIII

Before y'all start reading. I'm letting y'all know I'm changing Zoelle 😩 I got a new person that's gonna portray her. The reason the story in on hold is because I'm in grade 12 and I take my studies seriously. So I may or may not be posting.  Sorry guys ❤

Zoelle

I took a trip around the island trying to at least come to grips with this. Man, I was in depression because of my mother and father's death only for him to be alive! What sick joke is that? And to make matters worse. I really needed my dad. With this Marcel shit, I know he would've solved it quick. I couldn't go to Lucas, because he was in prison. I needed him to get out on good behavior.

I know he says I shouldn't protect him, he is supposed to protect me. But I don't care, I'm gonna protect him until I die! I care about mine and I protect mine.

I sat down on the bench at the beach, looking at the waves. I smelled his scent, I sighed. "I really don't want to talk to you know, Ghost." I mumbled.

"I know. That's why I'm gonna sit here with you quietly until you feel like talking. I'm not giving up on my baby girls." He said looking at the waves too. I looked at him in anger. He doesn't get to say that after the hell he put me through! The hell he put us through!

"You know what! You make me sick! I have suffered so much, so many days I cried to sleep wanting you to come back, Ghost! Marcel has been on my ass! Because you killed his mother, he raped me. I have his image in my head... I see him every time I close my eyes.  I paid for your sins. Do you think that's fair? Do you think you deserve the 'daddy' title now!? Do you!?" I cried shouting.  Thank God we were far away from the house.  Ghost was pissed, but he just held me there as I cried.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I wasn't there. I wish I was. I regretted my decision every day. I couldn't bear to let you guys die because of me. Baby girl I'm powerful but I can't protect y'all from Spin. And that shit worries me because I don't want to lose y'all. Y'all are my most prized possessions. I just can't lose y'all.  I'm gonna handle this Marcel issue, fuck! I should've killed him after I killed his mother!" He said as he held me tight. "I'm so sorry princess"

"At least you're still alive. " I said removing myself from his grip. "I missed you, dad. I missed you and mom soo much!" I hugged him, I want to hate my dad. I really do but I can't.  Maybe because I know what it's like to lose him and I know don't want that to happen ever again.

"I'm not going anywhere this time, princess.  I promise you." He smiled. "Now tell your pops what did I miss."

I chuckled. He has missed a lot!

Beyoncé

I ate some food while dancing a bit.  I was craving some good soul food. And my hubby made me soul food. How lucky am I? I was wearing my pink crop top with grey baggy pants. "Mommy!" Blue ran to me.

"No running in the house, Blue Ivy!" I said sternly. She nodded kissing my huge stomach. I felt multiple baby kicks. I smiled, Blue giggled

"Mommy, me and Kai are hungry. " she smiled with the most innocent smile. I laughed. I dished up for them. "Kai, Food is ready!"

"No shouting in the house, Blue!" I scolded her. This child. "Other people might be busy and you're disturbing them. Have respect, baby" I said pecking her lips. Kai walked in the kitchen.  Good boy he knows there should not running in the house. I helped him  on the high chair and gave them their food.

"Thank you, Mrs Carter." He smiled. Mrs Carter? This has Jayceon written all over it. I smiled letting it slide. My phone rang, my brows furrowed as I looked at the unknown number.

"Hello?" I said brushing my stomach. The person was quiet for a while. "Who is this?  I'm about to drop this call."

"Beyoncé, don't!" I heard the voice.  No doubt that was Shawn. My heart started beating fast in fear. I felt multiple kicks.  I brushed my stomach and tried to calm down. I told Blue her father was dead how was it gonna explain it to her when Shawn meets her? "I wanna see you" he said.  I quickly dropped the call. I felt as if my heart was closing in on me . I tried breathing exercises, they weren't helping. Multiple kicks started this time they were painful.

"You good? "  Jayceon asked me. I nodded really fast. Trying to breath but it was really hard. I was having a panic attack.  I really feared Shawn was gonna find us. I tried running away. How did he get my number! ? "Beyoncé, baby you gotta breathe " he said worried. He held me when I almost fell. He made me sit down. He tried breathing exercises with me. "Baby please. Calm down. Okay? Everything's gonna be good. Just breathe. I'll handle everything I promise just breathe."

After a while I started breathing normally.  I had tears in my eyes. I just held Jayceon tightly as he asked what was wrong. I just couldn't talk about it because I feared I'd have another panic attack. I wiped the sweat on my forehead.  Jayceon went to go turn on the air conditioner. "Beyonce what's wrong? And you better not say it's nothing!"

"Let's go speak in private." I said frowning. He held me because he feared I might collapse but the panic attack was over. "Baby I'm fine now" I said kissing him once we entered the study room.

"Don't try avoid this. What happened? " he said sternly. I sat down and breathed brushing my stomach,  I felt my stomach moving .

"Blue's father called me." I said as a tear dropped. "I'm scared he's gonna find me Jayceon! He's gonna find me, take Blue and kill me."

"Over my dead body. That nigga ain't finna do shit. I promise you that! Don't stress my children in there over pussy ass niggas. " he said kissing me. "What's this guy's full name?"

"Shawn, Shawn Blackwell." I breathed. "He's a powerful lawyer. I can't go back there J. I just can't!  The countless miscarriages, the beatings, the cheating. I'm scared. I'm so scared." I cried. Jayceon jaw clenched, he was clearly pissed. and on time the kicking started happening.  Jayceon saw it, and brushed my stomach. It died down.

"Look at them trying to protect mommy with their little kicks. " he smiled. "Baby. I'm going to handle this okay? I just need you to relax okay? Is this the first time he's calling or he has called before? "

"First time" I said. He nodded, I brushed his jaw, because it was clenching.  He must be thinking about this. "Promise me. It's all gonna be okay?"

"I got you and Blue. I got our family"  he brushed my stomach. "I love you"