"Anything for you Danny, oh and thanks for the cash again!!" I unwrapped my arms around him before running off with his wallet in my hands.

Out of instinct, his hands went to his back jean pocket which he realized was empty now. Shaking head while laughing, he yelled back.

"You're gonna regret this!"

Well, at least I wouldn't have to worry about my lunch now.

==================

I became quite worried when the principal, Mrs Thompson, called me to the office. It was either the fact that I did badly for my tests or the fact that I ran out of literature class. In any case, I would get killed alive by my mom.

"Ah there you are Skylar, I've been wanting to speak with you urgently." Mrs Thompson clasped her hands in joy as I walked into her office.

What's so exciting about school? Why is she always smiling?

Giving her a small smile, I sat down carefully, nervous of what to expect.

"Dear, I noticed in your application that you wanted to pursue music in order to get your overall extra points for college. But since our school doesn't offer that, what are you planning to take?"

She questioned while munching on her jellybeans, which I must admit I was eyeing the entire time.

I heaved a sigh of relief when I realized I wasn't called up for anything as bad as thought.

"What are my options?"

"Well...you could help out in the nursing department. It's the only one left actually, cause no one really likes to learn first aid. Unless you want to join the book clu-"

"Hell no, I'll take the nursing service. Books and I aren't the best of friends..." I rambled out almost too fast.

Mrs Thompson clapped her hands in joy once again, before signing a few sheets of paper.

"You would have to stay back every Thursday, just report to the sick bay. The school nurse, Ms Lauren and another fellow student would be there to help you settle down." She smiled warmly.

Nodding in acknowledgement, I awkwardly left while she maintained her usual happy expression. Creepy, if you ask me.

Walking through the empty hallways, classes had already begun again. I unlocked my locker to get my geography book, but it wasn't there. I was so sure that I left it in my locker.

Rummaging through my locker, I found a red note instead.

The name that the note was signed off with was a big question mark to me

The name that the note was signed off with was a big question mark to me. And being the curious person I always am, I ventured to the library. Someone was playing with me, that I was sure of.

Running my fingers across the shelves, my eyes scanned for shelf 2. It was hard for me especially because I never liked books or the library for a matter of fact.

My eyes lit up in joy when I came upon my geography book which was slid in between two thick books. Pulling with all my strength, another note fell to the ground when I managed to pull it out.

 Pulling with all my strength, another note fell to the ground when I managed to pull it out

That was all it took to make me scream. My scream echoed through the library. Soon, realized this is how things will be.

Nothing will change.

================
❤️//Hey Lovies!!//❤️

I'm so so sorry that I didn't update earlier, I had my exams going on and I was really busy but now I'm back who0p wh0op!! So how do you guys find it so far? Please let me know!!

Loads of love!!
- Celine😽