TWENTY- TWO

Selena

"Dad? What are you-" I freeze as he walks towards me.

"I- um, I came here to talk," he says as the baby starts crying, "Shh, it's okay, this is your sister."

"I'm not his sister." I say quickly as a frown covers my dad's face.

"Selena," he lets out a breath, "Can we talk?"

I think about it for a second then head to the guest room as he follows, "Make yourself comfortable." I tell him and he sits down on the bed, laying the baby next to him.

"What's up?" I ask as I sit next to him, looking at the wall.

"As weird as it's going to sound," he breathes, "I want you back home Selena, with your old friends and- in your old life. This isn't you, this is not where you belong."

I laugh, "How would you know? You weren't there, dad."

"I-"

"I know what you're going to say, you were busy working every night," I look at him and he looks down in frustration, "I'm not going back there."

"Why?"

"Because I don't belong there anymore! A lot of things changed, dad! Why don't you get that?"

"Like what?! You're still the same person! You're still working with Mathew."

I close my mouth, gulping as I stare at him once again, "I can't stop it- I tried to but I can't, dad. When I told Mathew that I want to quit he-"

"Abused you, I know." Dad looks into my eyes as He spills the words.

"You knew?" I open my mouth in shock.

"Of course I did," he breathes, "I felt that you'll want to quit especially after you told me you're in love with Harry so I asked him to do it because you needed someone to put you back on track."

"You asked him to?!" I shout, "How could you dad! How could you do that to me?!"

"I had to do it! You're acting like a slut with this stupid attitude of yours!"

"Get out," I say calmly pointing at the door.

"You can't kick me out," he smirks holding the baby in his hands as she cries.

"Yes I can, this is my house." I point out.

"Not really, it's Harry's house. He still doesn't know what you really work, does he?" He laughs, "It's going to be disappointing when he finds out. He'll be the one to kick you out."

I take a second to comprehend what he just said. As I think about it, my dad is actually right. Harry may kick me out when he finds out about my job, but when he understands why I'm doing it, he'll reconsider... I'm hoping.

My phone vibrates from the corridor and I grab it and head back to the guest room. Answering the call, I look at my dad to find him occupied with the baby.

"Hey, you're home?" I ask as I hear him breathing heavily.

"Yeah, I took the stairs, damn I'm exhausted," he says and I laugh.

"Ian, you're such a pussy," I say without notice. My dad looks at me in disapproval and I roll my eyes.

Ian's laugh fills my ears and I smile uncontrollably, "Anyway," he says, "Your pussay is about to go to bed, you need something?"

"Nope, take care of yourself."

"You too Sel," he breathes, "I have a bad feeling I'll wake up and you won't be there-"