T W O

Two Years Prior

Selena

I was awaken to the sound of birds chirping against the window. A headache started to arise as my head bumped repeatedly into the glass. Glancing at my watch, it was around eight in the morning. Yawning, I stretched my hands and looked around to find an old couple sitting at the end of the train, holding hands.

I "awed" as soon as I saw them. There was something about old people that just fired something inside me. The way they're passionate about their love and how much respect they have for one another... Its just amazing.

"Is this seat taken?" A curly-haired guy with bright olive eyes asked. I took a second to stare at his attire. He was wearing a black shirt, black pants and beige shoes. Way to change the color pattern.

"Nope." Smiling, I watched him as he nodded slowly then sat down with a small bag in his hands.

"Where are you heading off to?" He asked quietly as I heard a soft noise outside.

I gazed outside the window, smiling, "Home." I paused, "And you?"

"Me too." He smiled back, a light dimple shown.

Pulling out my phone, I searched for my dad's number and dialed it. He answered after two rings.

"Dad?" I whispered.

"Hey pumkin, where you at?"

"I'm coming home, dad. I'll be there in about half an hour."

"Something wrong?"

"No, I just missed you-"

"I'm not home, Selena. You should have called earlier to tell me that you were coming. I'm in Glasgow right now and won't be coming back for a week or two."

"You never travel alone." I said the first thing that came into my mind.

"I don't - We'll talk about that later. Meanwhile, go home and rest. I'll try to come back in a week. How many days are you staying?"

"About ten days. I don't know what to do if you're away, dad. I have no one there." I whispered the last words.

"Your uncle, aunt and-"

"Don't even mention them."

"Fine," He sighed loudly, "Make some friends. You'll do good, kid. I believe in you."

"Thanks for the support dad." I said in complete sarcasm.

"Take care and don't forget to feed the cat outside."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye, Sel." He hung up and I placed my phone back in my purse.

"Your dad's not home?" The guy beside me asked.

I looked at him in confusion, "I couldn't help but listen." He confessed sheepishly.

"Yeah," I let out a sigh, "I have no one back home except for my dad."

"What about your mom? Or any siblings?"

"My mom lives in Canada along with my younger sister, Melanie."

"Oh," He looked at me then at his hands, fiddling them, "What's your name?" He whispered, I could barely hear him.

"Selena, people call me Sel."

"I'm Harry." He looked at me in the eyes. We shook hands and just stared at one another. There was a look in his eyes that called for help, filled with sadness. His hand was surprisingly soft and I found it hard to let go.